The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-25-2018, 03:19 PM   #26
bigdog55

Re: Questions about how true to the spid a truck is

The spid on my truck is for a '72 Sierra Grande truck but I have a '70 version of it. I know some things have been changed on it before I got the truck. If and when I sell the truck I point this out and what I have done to it while I've had it.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:30 AM   #27
Mudflat

I cant read a thing on mine yet it's intact rather well.
Mudflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:08 PM   #28
mike16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflat View Post
I cant read a thing on mine yet it's intact rather well.
try looking at it using different frequencies of light.like infarred
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:29 PM   #29
Coley

I try not to get too caught up in the spid department of these trucks in terms of it affecting value much.
Most guys update or improve their trucks one way or another, including me...which is fine.
So if the truck has more options, etc than the original spid I don't lose too much sleep about it in terms of it diminishing value, etc.
If someone has added a 700 series transmission or tilt to a truck that didn't have it originally...I think that improves the value, not decreases it....so long as they are up front about it.

What I do push against are the guys marketing trucks for resale under the 'all original' banner when the trucks have been clearly altered, changed, etc.
These guys are the hucksters we see all day on Ebay, dealerships and on craigslist.

You have to be honest about what is and isn't original on these or you will end up being called on it.

All good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:36 PM   #30
68Gold/white

So, the glove box decal is a listing of options on that particular pickup above the stock equipment list?
Just trying to make this completely clear. I know what it is, but wonder about what constitutes a bone stock pickup with nothing on the decal?

My 68 came with the 396 engine, of course it's on the decal.

I've sure my 67 came with a 283 (it came with no engine or trans)(the engine mount pedestals look like V-8's and are located in the forward 2 holes, has an PG shift indicator on column). Maybe it came with a 327?

There's no engine listed on the SPID of the 67...

Wouldn't a 6 banger be the bottom most entry level engine in one of these pickups?

Just trying to get an exact idea of what these options are? All options? or major options?

Thanks!
Sorry if this is off topic...
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 03:12 PM   #31
plr1112

I have confusion over factory installed options and dealer installed options. So the SPID only lists factory installed options and not dealer installed. My truck has a tachometer and a tilt column, but the SPID does not have either one labeled on it. My SPID has the Z53 option no. (ammeter-oil gauges). The truck has a temperature gauge, is that original? since Z53 code only lists ammeter and oil.

So the question I have is could the dealer have installed the tach and tilt column, or another similar situation where the tach and tilt column are in fact original, or no way?
plr1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:45 PM   #32
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
I try not to get too caught up in the spid department of these trucks in terms of it affecting value much.
Most guys update or improve their trucks one way or another, including me...which is fine.
So if the truck has more options, etc than the original spid I don't lose too much sleep about it in terms of it diminishing value, etc.
If someone has added a 700 series transmission or tilt to a truck that didn't have it originally...I think that improves the value, not decreases it....so long as they are up front about it.

What I do push against are the guys marketing trucks for resale under the 'all original' banner when the trucks have been clearly altered, changed, etc.
These guys are the hucksters we see all day on Ebay, dealerships and on craigslist.

You have to be honest about what is and isn't original on these or you will end up being called on it.

All good
Coley

I'm with you 100% on this one Colin..

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:51 PM   #33
palallin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Gold/white View Post
Wouldn't a 6 banger be the bottom most entry level engine in one of these pickups?
V8 = CE
I6 = CS

You can differentiate them thus. I *think* the 283 was still the base V8 in '67, but I could easily be wrong.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:09 PM   #34
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by palallin View Post
V8 = CE
I6 = CS

You can differentiate them thus. I *think* the 283 was still the base V8 in '67, but I could easily be wrong.
Your right about the 283 being the base V8 in 67. The 307 didn't come out till 68..

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:53 PM   #35
bruceman1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by plr1112 View Post
I have confusion over factory installed options and dealer installed options. So the SPID only lists factory installed options and not dealer installed.Correct My truck has a tachometer and a tilt column, but the SPID does not have either one labeled on it. Your truck did not have a Tac or Tilt installed from the factory(assembly plant) My SPID has the Z53 option no. (ammeter-oil gauges).Z53 is amp, oil and temp gauges. All 3. The truck has a temperature gauge, is that original? Yes since Z53 code only lists ammeter and oil. If your SPID only list oil and amp in the description then it's just a shortened description. Z53 gauge package was always oil, amp and temp.

So the question I have is could the dealer have installed the tach and tilt column, Yes or another similar situation where the tach and tilt column are in fact original, or no way? Your Tac and Tilt are not original, even if the dealer installed them. Original is how the truck left the assembly plant. If the dealer added the options then your truck would have rolled off the dealer lot with the Tac and Tilt as a dealer add on, not factory(assembly plant) original options.