The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-08-2018, 08:24 PM   #1
MQUnlimited

Airbagged on factory cross member

I've tried looking in the airbag thread but most pictures aren't showing up due to photobucket and ones that do, are either z'd or on drop members. What Im looking for is air bagged on factory cross member with drop spindles on 20's or 22s, if on tubular arms a plus but no z'd frames.

Reason is IDK which way to go with my truck. Currently thinking about going with just 1/1 PB arms and be happy with that stance or if I should just do the whole drop member but not sure if I want to dedicate that much money. So I'd like to see what a C10 looks like on the cross member. Crazy I can't find pictures even with a google search, everyone seems to running drop members...which should just tell me to do that.

Thanks in advance.
MQUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:14 PM   #2
bluex

Re: Airbagged on factory cross member

You didn't specify a year but here's my 78 every thing is stock up front besides 2.5" drop spindles and bags in place of springs. The lower a-arms are roughly 1/4" off the ground.
Attached Images

bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:16 PM   #3
bluex

This is ride height
Attached Images

bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:16 AM   #4
MQUnlimited

Nice truck! Thanks for the pics. Mine is a 68 but I get the idea.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:40 PM   #5
68is4me

Here is a pic of my 68, stock cross member, pb 1" forward upper and lowers. 17" ft and 18" rears with 2.5 drop spindles.

I would talk to PB, they talked me out of the 1" narrowed arm, they said a lot more was involved to make them work with the stock steering. If I was to do it again and had the money I would look in to the drop member. The control arm shafts sit really close to the ground at ride height but 20's would increase that a bit.
Attached Images

06 gmc duramax

Last edited by 68is4me; 05-09-2018 at 02:47 PM.
68is4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:36 PM   #6
MQUnlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68is4me View Post
Here is a pic of my 68, stock cross member, pb 1" forward upper and lowers. 17" ft and 18" rears with 2.5 drop spindles.

I would talk to PB, they talked me out of the 1" narrowed arm, they said a lot more was involved to make them work with the stock steering. If I was to do it again and had the money I would look in to the drop member. The control arm shafts sit really close to the ground at ride height but 20's would increase that a bit.
Nice truck, I like the stance. I was concerned it wouldnt look a low as yours does. Yeah i really want to do the drop member and just take the guessing work out of it but considering what else I have to do to this truck, Im inpatient and getting just the arms will allow me to have the truck on the road faster. Not to mention i have another project going at the same time and need to spread money around.

I think Im going to go with just the arms at the moment, 1 forward only and then upgrade to the drop member if need be. Thanks again!