The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
Crush

1979 C10 "project"

I have come to the conclusion that I need to get rid of my '79 project as I just do not have the time/desire to finish it.

I know I will never even come close to getting out of it what I have in it, and thus turn to you guys with getting a realistic value on what i should ask for it.

I will not be offended by replies....but am looking for serious responses as I need to try to sell it as soon as possible in order to save on storage costs.

Here's the details:

THE GOOD

1979 C10 with clean title

Body - is 100% solid (only rust is surface rust in the bed, I was going to have it Line-X'd....so some bare metal spots from body work has some surface rust...nothing serious) and was painted about 3 years ago. Has GM NOS hood/hinges/springs, Tailgate, Inner fenders and grill supports. Everything else is original and rust free. Drip rails, mirror holes and stake pockets have been shaved.

Suspension - Bell Tech 2" Spindle with a 3" coil, Flip Kit with bolt in c-notch and shakles on the rear. Front has brand new Doetsch Tech shocks, rear has none.

Wheels/tires - 20x8 and 20x9.5 American Racing TTII's with 255/40/20 and 295/40/20 Firestone Wide Ovals. Front tires could be replaced, rears look like new. (these came off of my K5)

Misc info -
** The truck will come with a 10 bolt 2.08 rear and factory front discs (I will be removing the current SSBC brake package and replacing with the setup from the K5) and a new Booster.

** I have all the glass except the front windshield (had it but it was chipped, so tossed it since I knew I'd be replacing). I also have SPAL power window and lock kits that I could throw in for a nominal amount

**Truck currently has a Fuel Cell mounted in the rear under the bed

**have lots of misc. seals, gaskets, felts, etc....

** All trim pieces are brand new, lens' are all new, and currently has Zoops Tri-Bar Blue Dot headlights. Currently does not have a grill, as i was undecided if I was going to do a billet grill or not.

THE BAD

** The paint is three years old, and has a few nicks and scratches from being in garage/storage, but can be matched (PPG Aston Martin Cumberland Grey).

** The drivers side bed was damaged during transport (caught a ramp on the trailor and kicked up the bed in front of the rear tire. It's fixable, but needs work.

** The passenger side bed was scrapped against the storage unit while loading on the flat bed in the pic....should be any easy "match" to repaint the samll area.

** There is ZERO interior. I do have the factory Tach Dash Cluster that will go with it, but that is it other than the steering column.

** NO MOTOR OR TRANS as I will be pulling them prior to it being For Sale (I will consider a package deal....but doubt anyone would want the motor/tranny for what I would need to get out of it)

That's it...need serious replys......here's a bad cell phone pic of it on the flatbed...I'll try to get better ones this weekend.

Thanks Guys....

Last edited by Crush; 10-02-2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: added picture
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote