The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-05-2015, 11:44 AM   #1
69l46vert

12 Volt Motor for Deluxe Heater 1954

Anyone here swap their AD 6 volt blower for a 12 volt?

This is the "fresh air" or "deluxe" heater that mounts to the pass. side kick panel with a brace to the firewall.

So far all I have found are the motors for the round type (recirculating?) heater that mounts to the firewall and not the kick panel.
I just don't want to buy the wrong part and be disappointed when it doesn't fit.
Thanks, Rick
69l46vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:51 PM   #2
greg_h

Re: 12 Volt Motor for Deluxe Heater 1954

I used this motor O'Reilly auto Part # PM354 for $31. The case is physically smaller so it does not protrude through the firewall as the original did. It has a smaller shaft but a collar on it to make it the correct shaft size for the squirrel cage fan, the mounting studs were good so no modification was needed to make it fit. It seems like I had to shorten the shaft. But the price was great! I just put chrome acorn nuts on the exposed end of the mounting studs. I have heard of some people actually mounting this motor inside the original motor housing to make it appear more correct but I did not do that on my heater. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/se...keyword=pm354+
greg_h is offline   Reply With Quote