The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2015, 08:36 PM   #1
Longley428

** Which air kit to get?? **

I have a 1969 C/10 with complete stock suspension, coils all the way around. I have decided to go straight to bags... which kit is the best for the best money, I know Porterbuilt is some top notch quality but not wanting to break the bank. The truck will be only for shows and driven on the weekend and will not be hauling anything.... just want it LOW I have been looking at the stage 2 from BC Fab and I am leaning toward that kit because it has dual compressors and comes with the c notch. Please give some feedback on this kit or another one around the same price range, and also do the “slam bags” they offer make any difference? thanks!
Longley428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:46 PM   #2
Pro Performance

Re: ** Which air kit to get?? **

We have many options for air ride suspension, depending on your needs and budget. From what you describe, we can put together a kit that works best for you, that gets you on air at a good price. Give me a call and be happy to go over in detail.

Here is a kit that we put together that will be a good option. You will want to build off this kit some, with some shock relocators, drop spindles and an adjustable trac bar, but will be a very good start.

Stage 2:
----------------------------
2 - VIAIR 444C Chrome Compressors (200 PSI)
1 - 5 Gallon 200 PSI Rated Aluminum Tank (5 Port)
1 - AccuAir VU4 Valve Block
1 - AVS Arc-7 Switch Box
2 - VIAIR 160 PSI White Face Gauges, Illuminated
1 - 165/200 Sealed VIAIR Pressure Switch
1 - 250 PSI Safety Valve
2 - VIAIR 40A Relays
1 - 60A Inline Fuse Holder
1 - Drain Valve
1 - 50 Ft. of 3/8" DOT Approved Air Line (Bags)
1 - 60 Ft. of 1/4" DOT Approved Air Line (Gauges)
4 - 1/8" FNPT - 1/4" Barb
4 - DOT 1/4" MNPT to 1/4" Hose
1 - 1/2" MNPT to 1/8" FNPT Reducer
5 - DOT 1/2 MNPT to 3/8" Hose, 90 Degree
4 - Airlift Dominator Bags
1 - Set of Front Air Bag Bracket
1 - Set of Rear Air Bag Brackets

This stage 2 economy kit from Pro Performance allows you to 100% bolt-in your air ride suspension, with no welding required. This system doesn't require cutting of your bed floor and fits all underneath the bed. A lot of kits say you need a step notch, but that is not true. The rear will lay out almost even with the front, using just these bolt-on brackets.

This air ride suspension kit includes all quality components that you trust. Dual VIAIR compressors, AccuAir VU4 manifold, Airlift Dominator 2600 bags, DOT air line, DOT all brass fittings, aluminum air tank, with AVS Arc-7 controller. The aluminum tank means no rust to worry about, and 5 gallons will be plenty to lift the truck, and allows easier mounting vs. the larger tanks that are unnecessary. These kits also include two 40-amp relay & 60A fuse holder to assist in wiring your compressor correctly. Wring and plumbing diagrams are included.

Price: $1,350
Shipping: $95
Total to your door in the lower 48 States: $1,445
Pro Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:07 PM   #3
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

And the stage 1?....out of curiosity.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:11 PM   #4
Pro Performance

Here is the Stage 1 Kit.

Stage 1:
----------------------------
1 - VIAIR 380 Compressor
1 - VIAIR 200 PSI Viair Pressure Switch
1 - VIAIR 40A Relay
1 - 5 Gallon Black Steel Tank
1 - Stainless Steel Gauge panel
2 - VIAIR Dual Needle Gauge
1 - Stainless Steel Paddle Panel
4 - Paddle Valves
60' - DOT 1/4" Hose
5 - DOT 1/4 HOSE 1/4 Mnpt 90*
1 - 1/4 MNPT Plug
1 - 1/4 NPT DRAIN
7 - 1/4" Barb T
4 - 1/4" Barb to 1/8"F Npt
1 - 1/2 Mnpt 1/2 Fnpt 90*
6 - 1/2 Mnpt 1/4 Fnpt
1 - 1/2' MNPT PLUG
1 - 1/2 Mnpt 1/8 Fnpt
4 - Airlift Dominator Bags
1 - Set of Front Air Bag Bracket
1 - Set of Rear Air Bag Brackets
This stage 1 economy kit from Pro Performance allows you to 100% bolt-in your air ride suspension, with no welding required. This system doesn't require cutting of your bed floor and fits all underneath the bed. A lot of kits say you need a step notch, but that is not true. The rear will lay out almost even with the front (when using 2.5" drop spindles), using just these bolt-on brackets.

This air ride suspension kit includes all quality components that you trust. Single VIAIR 380C compressor, paddle valves, VIAIR gauges, stainless steel mounting panels, Airlift Dominator 2600 bags, DOT air line, DOT push-to-connect brass fittings, steel air tank. 5 gallons will be plenty to lift the truck, and allows easier mounting vs. the larger tanks that are unnecessary. These kits also include a 40-amp relay to assist in wiring your compressor correctly. Wring and plumbing diagrams are included.

Price: $995
Shipping: $80
Total to your door in the lower 48 States: $1,075
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2015, 06:59 AM   #5
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Thank you Sir.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:01 PM   #6
Longley428

Pro performance...... will I be able to keep my stock suspension and just take out the coils and replace with air bags? I am not wanting to go with new spindles and disc conversion just yet.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:47 AM   #7
andrewmp6

Yeah you can get bags and brackets for it,Even the rear if you have the truck arms with coils also,
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:21 AM   #8
Pro Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longley428 View Post
Pro performance...... will I be able to keep my stock suspension and just take out the coils and replace with air bags? I am not wanting to go with new spindles and disc conversion just yet.
Yep, sure can. Like andrewmp6 said, considering you have trailings arm suspension in the rear. We keep the bags and brackets in stock.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:59 AM   #9
Longley428

Will I be able I get pretty close to "laying frame" with my stock suspension and go with the stage 2 kit from pro performance... I do plan on C notching the frame to help get the rear down lower
Old 05-06-2015, 12:53 PM   #10
SCOTI

Quote:
Will I be able I get pretty close to "laying frame" with my stock suspension and go with the stage 2 kit from pro performance... I do plan on C notching the frame to help get the rear down lower
No drop spindles, the front x-member, & lower a-arm pivot points won't allow laying frame in front nor will just c-notching in the rear.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:02 PM   #11
Kyle@FTP

Quote:
With out a drop spindle I dont think you will get the stance your after. Same goes for the C-Notch in the back. Have Travis add is a drop spindle kit and a taller frame notch and you will get close to the desired look.
Kyle@FTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:26 PM   #12
Chris Coufal

Subscribed! I'm also in the process of trying to figure out what I want/need to purchase. I'd like something that I can expand on as needed (aka funds). I will be converting to 5 lug later when I do the 4 wheel disk conversion. I'm not afraid to cut and weld and not worried about the bed floor location. I'm just so new to the "bagged" end of the automotive scene and there are a lot of options out there. I prefer function over aesthetics and don't need a bunch of sweet looking bolt in bars/brackets that will be covered up by the bed. I'd like a quality ride and the ability to slam on demand.
Chris Coufal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:54 PM   #13
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Coufal View Post
Subscribed! I'm also in the process of trying to figure out what I want/need to purchase. I'd like something that I can expand on as needed (aka funds). I will be converting to 5 lug later when I do the 4 wheel disk conversion. I'm not afraid to cut and weld and not worried about the bed floor location. I'm just so new to the "bagged" end of the automotive scene and there are a lot of options out there. I prefer function over aesthetics and don't need a bunch of sweet looking bolt in bars/brackets that will be covered up by the bed. I'd like a quality ride and the ability to slam on demand.
One of the bag kits above in place of coils will get you the 'bagged' part & the rest will be modifying your frame + truck body to achieve the drop desired.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 05-06-2015, 04:14 PM   #14
Pro Performance

There are many ways to bag these truck, all really comes down to how low you want to go. We can always put together a kit so that it can expanded. Once you are wanting to lay frame, things do change up quite a bit.

We are always happy to work with you and getting you what works best for your end goal and budget.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:26 PM   #15
Rhino198073

here is stance with bags, drop spindles and c notch. front bags are mounted to flat plates and rar bags sit right on trailing arms.
Attached Images

Rhino198073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:27 PM   #16
Rhino198073

doesnt lay frame but the front cross member is about 2.5 inches off the ground
Rhino198073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:25 PM   #17
JWall
Frequent Flyer

I suggest running a water trap between the compressor & tank as well.
JWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:33 PM   #18
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWall View Post
I suggest running a water trap between the compressor & tank as well.
If you go through the trouble of installing a trap, seems it would work best between the tank/s & valves.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 05-07-2015, 03:40 PM   #19
JWall
Frequent Flyer

Maybe as cheap as they are 2? 1 to keep moisture out of the tank (especially if they are steel tanks to prevent rust) & then one after for any moisture that does make it to the tank.
I've seen the debate about water trap placement a lot but its always a lot of back & forth with opinions but no solid answers.
JWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:13 PM   #20
Longley428

Any pics of the stage 2 pro performance kit installed with stock suspension?? Just to see how it looks.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #21
Pro Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWall View Post
Maybe as cheap as they are 2? 1 to keep moisture out of the tank (especially if they are steel tanks to prevent rust) & then one after for any moisture that does make it to the tank.
I've seen the debate about water trap placement a lot but its always a lot of back & forth with opinions but no solid answers.
We never run them on our system, since we use aluminum tanks. It is a matter of draining the water trap or draining the tank. A while ago, I filled a tank with a little water, and pushed air through the port that would go through to the valve. I couldn't get water to push through that port, being it is halfway up the end cap. Not to say that minute amount would maybe make it through, but it was essentially none in my findings.

If something wanted to add a water trap after the tank, it definitely wouldn't hurt.

Quote:
Any pics of the stage 2 pro performance kit installed with stock suspension?? Just to see how it looks.
The truck below has essentially the same setup, in regards to how low you would drop with the Stage 2 and no drop spindle.
Attached Images