The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-08-2019, 10:50 PM   #1
hugger6933

71 C-30 blinker problems

I have problems with both of the lamps in the bumper on my one ton. I'm almost done [with what I had planned to do] and are ready to ride except the blinkers. On the right the bulb won't burn until I turn on the blinker and on the left with headlamps on it burns but won't blink. Now I know that the sockets are my problem on both side cause I unplugged the connector at the core support and used my test lamp and when I check it at the plug it works like it should. Can you buy just the socket and pigtail or do you have to buy the whole lamp assembly? that is all I have found so far [whole light]. I have found amoung my stuff a three wire lamp socket and I had thought of modding my housing to take the later twist type socket and grounding the third wire to the housing itself. Anyone done this? Help me please thanks in advance. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:15 PM   #2
Wrenchbender Ret

Re: 71 C-30 blinker problems

I have replaced many sockets by cutting off the old socket & putting in universal replacement sockets. Its a good idea to solder the new socket to the housing & seal any openings with RTV.
George
Wrenchbender Ret is offline   Reply With Quote