The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > Pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #1
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Exclamation paypal gift option on sales.

I am sure a nicely worded post will be made soon For now this will have to suffice.

Asking for paypal gift option as payment is a no no. Just because the site rules do not say NO PAYPAL GIFT OPTION, does not mean it is ok. To use this service, other than getting a gift is defrauding paypal, and illegal. Illegal activities and fraudulent practices are both topics in the site rules.

The pay with paypal gift deal, has been an issue for a while. It seems to be getting out of hand now. If you do not want to pay the dollar or two fees to use the service, than perhaps you should go back to using money orders.

So in conclusion, if you ask for someone to pay using the gift option you will likely find your self with a suspended account. If you knowingly pay using the paypal gift option, and then get taken for a ride, sorry.. the seller will be removed but its your own issue.

If you have an ad running now that asks for payment via gift option, you should probably edit it. Just saying
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:50 PM   #2
Jahloha

Re: paypal gift option on sales.

Not sure if I can comment on your post Liz, rather new, but an alternative that could greatly benefit our members is Venom:

https://venmo.com

100% free requesting and sending of funds. Venmo can be set up with a bank account or your credit card.

I use it exclusively in my small business and it is all insured.

Just throwing it out there. Again, sorry if its not kosher to comment on your post, delete if it is.

My grandpa, Gramps, won a 1970 C20 in 1969 for $1. I'm on a mission to restore it before he passes.

My 1970 C20 Build Thread
Jahloha is offline   Reply With Quote