The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-05-2018, 10:50 AM   #1
Travisarmenta

Drove Burb to work: A few issues

After getting some needed rust repair in my windshield frame I was finally able drive the Burb to work yesterday. No issues in the AM, weather was nice.

Driving home was another story, lack of power and acting up @ 30-35 MPH. Hot as hell out.

HEI control Module is most likely the culprit. Addressing that once I get it back from Safelite (the windshield they put in developed a stress fracture, they are replacing it today)
Attached Images

Travisarmenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:56 AM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Drove Burb to work: A few issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisarmenta View Post
After getting some needed rust repair in my windshield frame I was finally able drive the Burb to work yesterday. No issues in the AM, weather was nice.

Driving home was another story, lack of power and acting up @ 30-35 MPH. Hot as hell out.

HEI control Module is most likely the culprit. Addressing that once I get it back from Safelite (the windshield they put in developed a stress fracture, they are replacing it today)

The windshield must have had a flaw on the edge where the crack started. The glass is pretty well isolated in the gasket so it can't touch the metal pinch weld anywhere. Strange....

I guess I would start with the module too.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:04 PM   #3
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

even with the hiccups it had to feel good driving it. Could also be vapor locking as hot as it has been.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:10 PM   #4
Travisarmenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
The windshield must have had a flaw on the edge where the crack started. The glass is pretty well isolated in the gasket so it can't touch the metal pinch weld anywhere. Strange....

I guess I would start with the module too.

LockDoc
I have read a few members on here have had problems with stress fractures, one guy said that his secret was to put the gasket on the glass and let it sit for days before doing the actual install, so hopefully the fractured glass sitting in the Frame in all this hot weather gave it a little give.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
even with the hiccups it had to feel good driving it. Could also be vapor locking as hot as it has been.
You are absolutely correct on that, it felt great driving it to work. I take it to the store to grab a case a beer from time to time, I spend more time waiting for it to get warm than I do actually driving it! The store is a few blocks away

The Distributor is due for some love anyway, so if that doesn't do the trick I will let you know.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:17 PM   #5
68SWB4x4
Strongman Garage

Last month I took my suburban for its first trips and I couldn't even shift out of third gear as it kept popping but it was still a good feeling!

Only way to get them dialed in is to shake the bugs loose.

My culprit (lack of power around 35-40) ended up being a dirty fuel filter in the Qjet FYI
68SWB4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:51 AM   #6
Travisarmenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68SWB4x4 View Post
Last month I took my suburban for its first trips and I couldn't even shift out of third gear as it kept popping but it was still a good feeling!

Only way to get them dialed in is to shake the bugs loose.

My culprit (lack of power around 35-40) ended up being a dirty fuel filter in the Qjet FYI
I will check it just because, but it's a brand new system, plastic tank, new sending unit, new lines all the way to the pump, and a brand new Qjet.

Got it back from Safelite, no issues.