The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-22-2013, 02:25 AM   #76
robs71k5
K5drive

Re: Softop installation no Holes

Hi you Doin Ray . I got you covered on the softop header .I think I have made it as far as I can go on the farm out project .Its time to payoff the fiber glass guy and put them on the press .It looks like two weeks from now I will have a dozen pieces . I picked up another one today And Im quite happy with the product and the newest fibre glass guy is working out great he's a real gem, 35 years of experience and he's offered up some good advice in the production end .Was trying to do smooth on top side and under but it wasnt possible to do ,Each topper might have different mounting postiers ,So we decided that its easiest to install a thicker wind deflection after the install . Only concern now if the life span of mold .Any one who wants one should be prepared in the next couple weeks I should be able to supply a dozen and might have to another mold after that .Also had fibre glass guy look at the lift hatch and told him that LMC has one that doesn't seem to fit very well .Again I have to build a mold a go down the same road I just travelled .will look at it again once this project has bared fruit for every one here ............Regard Rob
Posted via Mobile Device
robs71k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:37 AM   #77
Bigb401

I'm In for one and ready to buy now. As long as theres enough for me and no one Fidel's like I'm jumpin in front of them. Loll I'm excited! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-28-2013, 12:52 AM   #78
robs71k5
K5drive

While We're waiting for parts to show up might be a good time to do some PR work for the fibreglass guy .while at his shop last week I noticed piles and piles of moulds Model "A" s to 55 Chevy nose to yes Chevy truck 'SS' hood . Evan a complete tilting front clip for our trucks.
I have an idea. My wife hates it when I get these ideas. But was contemplating making a custom chalet top for the blazer,I would like one that leaves my role bar in place and it needs to be a pop up and a bunk on top of role bar to windshield and to keep it light weight or liter than the old orig ones anyway .If A guy could buy a nice shell what would it be worth to be reasonable for purchase .Anyway just growing this out there for some entertainment value at the very least and maybe a good pruduct at the end of the day
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-30-2013, 11:27 PM   #79
markedgar5

Wondering if they are all reserved? Bought a 72 blazer a while back and hopefully picking up from the paint shop this week. I have a soft top new laying in the basement waiting for install. I didnt even realize Id have to screw into the header. So glad I saw this. It would make me so sick to my stomach to drill numerous holes in a freshly painted blazer.

Also thanks to everyone on this forum. I have had several 71 had and 72 pickups and finally found a rust free blazer and had it shipped out of CA. Always the go to place for information. Thank you to the site admin and all those who contribute.
markedgar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:58 PM   #80
72jimmy4x4

Hello,
I am on Vancouver Island and would like one also.
Thanks Brian
72jimmy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:03 AM   #81
pumpkin

I like the chalet idea. I have been playing with that one for a while. Once life slows back down and I get caught up on projects I might give it a go. If I could only get some more airplane floors I would have the materials to do the mockup,,,,wink wink.
pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #82
robs71k5
K5drive

Hi Bob sorry I ain't got over there yet. Been busy with things over here and employment gigs ill pm you .
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-15-2013, 02:19 AM   #83
robs71k5
K5drive

I have another question /suggestion about how to go about shipping and purchasing these headers .That being who is ready for the header for immediate installation .Within five days of receiving the header . This idea is best for my situation cause I don't want to go thought this process if their deamed unworthy of an install on your truck .
I believe these people will help me to deliver a better product and to help with instructions for the installation process. While I am certain these parts will do exactly what I have designed them to do I would prefer those on top of the list to pm me that their ready to purchase and install which will help me sort out any pending issues I might have over overlooked . I believe I will start shipping in two weeks. I know I have suggested this before but they are on the press and there will be five shipped and I would like feedback from those installs before I invest more resources for everyone .I hope to be able to get one to every one that wants one with a short delay for the first five so I might offer refunds for anyone for which its not meeting their expectations .
This is for your protection and mine and I hope it's reasonable
I will except PayPal ,cash and only certified cheques after they have cleared for $260.00 plus actual shipping .Parts are pretty indestructible as far as shipping goes but will judge case by case and apply insurance as required or requested
Best regards and I truly hope everyone is satisfied cause I know it was the best thing I put on my Blazer
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-16-2013, 12:29 AM   #84
markedgar5

Absolutely interested if avail. Have a brand new softopper waitin to be installed.
Thanks for the product.
Posted via Mobile Device
markedgar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #85
niceguy678us

I'll buy one now.
1959 Apache 3100 SWB Fleetside
2006 VTX 1800f

Build thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ght=highlander
niceguy678us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #86
Effeckt

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs71k5 View Post
I have another question /suggestion about how to go about shipping and purchasing these headers .That being who is ready for the header for immediate installation .Within five days of receiving the header . This idea is best for my situation cause I don't want to go thought this process if their deamed unworthy of an install on your truck .
I believe these people will help me to deliver a better product and to help with instructions for the installation process. While I am certain these parts will do exactly what I have designed them to do I would prefer those on top of the list to pm me that their ready to purchase and install which will help me sort out any pending issues I might have over overlooked . I believe I will start shipping in two weeks. I know I have suggested this before but they are on the press and there will be five shipped and I would like feedback from those installs before I invest more resources for everyone .I hope to be able to get one to every one that wants one with a short delay for the first five so I might offer refunds for anyone for which its not meeting their expectations .
This is for your protection and mine and I hope it's reasonable
I will except PayPal ,cash and only certified cheques after they have cleared for $260.00 plus actual shipping .Parts are pretty indestructible as far as shipping goes but will judge case by case and apply insurance as required or requested
Best regards and I truly hope everyone is satisfied cause I know it was the best thing I put on my Blazer
Posted via Mobile Device

Definitely appreciate your efforts for a quality product. I'd have to wait until the next batch as I don't have my softtopper yet.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #87
chewysask

Hello Rob

I would like one also but i dont have a soft top yet did you buy yours in canada?If you have info it would be appreciated. Carey
chewysask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #88
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Awesome to see you take this project on. I got a bikini top made years ago and available for purchase from a local upholstery shop and know the work that it takes to take an idea and get it available. If I hadn't already installed my soft top with snaps on the windshield, I would have been in line to buy one of these for sure!
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #89
iBlazer

I installed this soft top today. It looks great. It's a very nice addition to the truck. Our weather here can change without notice and this top gives me lots of options. The only part I dont like is the frame around the doors. But it is easy enough to remove if Im going to have the top off for a while.
It was painful drilling holes in the top of the windshield! Although they would be no big deal to fill in some day, I would have bought one of these for sure!
Good luck with it! It's a great idea.
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2013, 12:28 AM   #90
robs71k5
K5drive

Sorry I Blazer I couldn't help you out with getting a header to you in time but I think they should be rolling in the door an the end of this week beginning of next .I will ship as many as I get , wait for a response and then keep it rolling till every ones who wants one has one
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #91
mtully79

Can you PM me shipping to 23455? Blazer goes into the body shop next week and I'll be looking to order one from you middle of July.

Thanks!
mtully79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #92
ld271

I'm definitely in on purchasing one. PM sent.
ld271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:07 AM   #93
robs71k5
K5drive

I pick up some headers tonight and their ready for installation .I you are ready for purchce shipping and installing please PM me if you haven't already . We would like to ship five immediately to 67-72 trucks .Two will be on Ebay to further subsidize if possible the further interests which addresses the requirement to open windows before the door can be opened (phase two of our project) we hope we can get the next bunch out by the middle of August providing no more issues arise .Regards Rob Let's Get it on !
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #94
crv

??? Rob could you shoot me a reply? I need one like yesterday!
crv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #95
amcgeh01

Put me down for one as well.. PM sent..
Old 07-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #96
Effeckt

Quote:
Originally Posted by crv View Post
Anybody else make or sell anything similar? Have a Softopper that I'd like to install this summer but don't want to drill into windshield frame.
Posted via Mobile Device
No.. that's why he created his own and is going though great efforts to do this in the first place. If you are so anxious to do it and don't want to wait until he is ready, then your only other option would be to cut up a top and make your own. There are members on here parting out tops regularly in the classified section. I would look there if you wanted to do that.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #97
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Quote:
Originally Posted by crv View Post
??? Rob could you shoot me a reply? I need one like yesterday!
Maybe there is other members that inquired before you did and he is filling those request first. I know I'm rather far down on the list. You should be able to fabricate something in the meantime or contact soft topper. They might have a brace in production.

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #98
MrGraySay

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs71k5 View Post
I pick up some headers tonight and their ready for installation .I you are ready for purchce shipping and installing please PM me if you haven't already . We would like to ship five immediately to 67-72 trucks .Two will be on Ebay to further subsidize if possible the further interests which addresses the requirement to open windows before the door can be opened (phase two of our project) we hope we can get the next bunch out by the middle of August providing no more issues arise .Regards Rob Let's Get it on !
Posted via Mobile Device
Great work & innovation with your fabrication, Rob. I sent you a PM & would love an update on your progress/availability when you have a moment. I have a brand new Softtop & am holding out for your solution. Cheers.
MrGraySay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #99
AHowe88

Great idea and execution. Have you considered looking into 3D printing them instead? There are a bunch of places that will do custom 3D printing, and I have heard it isn't terribly expensive.
AHowe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:35 AM   #100
skorpioskorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHowe88 View Post
Great idea and execution. Have you considered looking into 3D printing them instead? There are a bunch of places that will do custom 3D printing, and I have heard it isn't terribly expensive.
I'd say that piece would be about $400-500 in material, easy, in 3D print medium, it's nearly 6 feet long, beside I've never seen a 3D printer that can print much larger than a 3 foot cube. Also 3D print material is not what you'd consider rugged. It's basically a prototyping material not a finished product material. It's essentially a sort of rigid foam made to take a fraction of the space in the cartridge as it does when printed. I plan on doing 3D prints to make a casting master for my intake manifold, which it works well for, but I can't honestly think of a single place I would use a 3D print as a finished piece in an automotive application, at least any piece I've ever seen.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote