The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2016, 07:51 PM   #1
metalheadlongbed

71 gmc interior project

]well here's my project truck! this post is just for the work ive done on the interior (before and after)......... to start off the floor was horrible, lots of surface rust (easy to get off)but lots of rust holes. one hole was right when u open the door next to the rocker panel. the pic i took was just the start of it, once i started poking at it, ot crumpled and got bigger. to solve it i sanded it down and put a fiberglass cloth on it and jb welded it. it was preety sturdy but just incase i put put another cloth under the truck and jbwelded it.after that i lined the truck with bed liner which stops rust. that was the only major problem with the interior. all the little holes i put bondo over with patches ofbthat cloth...... the door panels, visor, and "gauge board" i painted black.... the seat is a completely different than inwas gonna put in there, it came out of a chevy truck (instead of the ford seat i was gonna use as i said im my video). the seat not bolted down yet thats why in the pivs it looks weird. all i have left to do in the interior is get a new steering wheel...... so check out the pics! and check out my youtube for the project https://youtu.be/nGie85wjtLs
Attached Images

Last edited by metalheadlongbed; 08-07-2016 at 08:17 PM.
metalheadlongbed is offline   Reply With Quote