The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-03-2021, 06:55 PM   #1
vet57air

Fuzzy install

I am trying to install the door window "fuzzies" and am having trouble. Doors are assembled. Problem is the glass is in the way. Have them rolled down all they will go but the top of the glass at the fly window is about level with the top of the slot for the fuzzies. I can get the two rear catches in the slots as the glass curves there, but not the front two. What am I doing wrong?
vet57air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 07:51 PM   #2
The Rocknrod

Re: Fuzzy install

There is a video on it. I used those plastic trim tools when I installed mine. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCixQ40GINo
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:06 PM   #3
vet57air

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
There is a video on it. I used those plastic trim tools when I installed mine. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCixQ40GINo
Thank you. That was one of the videos I have watched before. I don't see their door glass in the way at all. Would be easy if my glass was not in the way, but that is as far as my glass goes down. I keep busting off the clip trying to get by the glass. Is that my problem or am I missing something?
Name:  fuzzy.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  28.5 KB
Old 08-03-2021, 08:47 PM   #4
Riverstory

There are many discussions regarding this subject and a ton of input regarding manufactures and installation procedures. I tried two manufactures, obviously the second was the winner (can't remember who I used but they are of great quality), and I used #4 sheet metal screws to hold mine in. The clips were useless. Also, make sure the rubber bumper at the bottom of the window track is removed so you can lower the window an extra 1/2" and then reinstall the bumper when the fuzzies are installed. Good luck.
Riverstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:04 PM   #5
The Rocknrod

Precision fit mu doors after i made sure the mounting flanges were bent outward. I used the plastic tools and pryed against the glass as well.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:06 PM   #6
vet57air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverstory View Post
There are many discussions regarding this subject and a ton of input regarding manufactures and installation procedures. I tried two manufactures, obviously the second was the winner (can't remember who I used but they are of great quality), and I used #4 sheet metal screws to hold mine in. The clips were useless. Also, make sure the rubber bumper at the bottom of the window track is removed so you can lower the window an extra 1/2" and then reinstall the bumper when the fuzzies are installed. Good luck.
Thank you. I have done some research before starting. I heard of the troubles people have had, as in clips in the wrong place. I have two sets of fuzzies. One from Repops, the other Precision. Both seem well made. The clips seem like a good design and would be an easy install if the glass was down another 1/2". Yes, my rubber bumper is out. Short of someone mentioning another fix, tomorrow I will unload my door of the vent and take the glass of its tracks so I can pop in the fuzzies.
Old 08-04-2021, 01:19 AM   #7
AcampoDave

Pulling the glass and getting it out of the way is what I did. That also let me take the shop vac with the extension to the door bottoms to vac out the crud. Also, I greased the window mechanisim and gave that coiled up spring for the window regulator (mounted just under the door panel) a good ol' shot of spray lube which really helps to keep it working smoothly. I actually sprayed it several times while rolling the window up and down repeatedly and you should've seen the rusty gunk roll out of that thing. Now, my window works perfectly, and the damn fuzzies are finally done right. They were still a bear, and I ruined one in the process. But like you, I ordered 2 sets so I was still good.
AcampoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 02:16 PM   #8
vet57air

Mission accomplished. I removed all the bolts for the window winder and channels so I was able to move the window down, over its stop just enough to clear the slots. Fuzzies snapped in pretty easy after that. I quite liked the Repops brand.

Last edited by vet57air; 08-04-2021 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:17 PM   #9
Riverstory

Outstanding. Thanks for the update and helpful tip. I will use it on my next project.
Riverstory is offline   Reply With Quote