The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
billrobbobjo

1969 Truck Tail light Problem

I have a 1969 GMC 3/4 ton and I am having major problems with the tailights. First i had a ground problem. I fixed this by getting the Ground wires all cleaned up and they seemed to work. Every once and awhile my Break lights would get stuck on, weird things started happening. I first thought it must be the break light switch, 8 dollars later no difference. Got the new one in didnt change a thing. I called all my buddies who know a lot about old trucks and what not and they told me it must be my Turn signal switch. Pulled the old one out and put a new one in. Im currently getting my night time Running lights to work, But i still have a problem with the blinkers and my break lights. As of right now my break lights turn on as soon as I hook up the battery. I have been playing with the break light switch for the last 2 months and it doesnt seem to be the problem but something around there it seems to short out and cut around the switch and make my break lights come on. Anyone have a problem like this? any ideas to where my problem might be. This has been driving me crazy for the last 2 months and i just wanna go home in a week, this is my ride!
Its also weird when i turn my right blinker on my Break lights go out. When im in the neutral spot for the blinkers the break lights are on. When im turning to the left its how its supposed to be.
Any Help would be great! done alot of work on this thing and do not want to throw it all away because of some wires!
billrobbobjo is offline   Reply With Quote