The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-06-2017, 03:11 PM   #1
lanette259

72 c10 custom, need help fan switch and fuses

*Preface this with I do the best I can with basic knowledge of vehicles, I am by no means an expert, I am just looking for assistance because I am stumped*

I've got the above mentioned truck and, after replacing a leaky valve on the high side of the compressor, have working air conditioning again! However, I replaced the temperature control assembly (got a spare when bought the truck) and fan switch(#2 http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cb/full.aspx?Page=83) and am having some issues I am not sure about. The A/C switch will not push all the way over and I am not sure why (a wire fell behind? designed that way?) and the fan switch goes off, low, medium, and then back to low, is this normal (3 position switch instead of 4??)

Also, does anyone have a fuse diagram for these trucks? I am still on glass fuses and the lettering has rubbed off to tell me what amperage I need, would be nice to have windshield wipers again

I have included pictures of data plate, control assembly, and fuse area if that helps any.

Thank you to anybody who has a couple minutes. Have a great day!
Attached Images

72 short bed C10 custom deluxe, 350, auto, all the usual fancy stuff (ps, ac, am/fm radio, etc...). Never restored, only repainted, 67K original miles, and numbers match as far as I can tell. I am very proud of it
lanette259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:37 PM   #2
randy500
Account Suspended

Re: 72 c10 custom, need help fan switch and fuses

A/C lever sometimes don't go all the way over, you can adjust the cable at the end where it attaches to the valve, think that is the cable under the hood by the firewall box, may not adjust all the way, cars were different back then....

The fan switch on the highest setting activates a relay to prove a tiny bit more power, it's still 12 volts as with the next lower setting if I recall. Relay is by right vac operated vent on the fiberglass heater box, the relays can go bad, test it first
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote