The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-28-2018, 06:27 PM   #1
Sickboys

Looking for a way to put led brake light strips 2 side by side on both bed side ends,

which custom car tv show did a custom truck with hiddeen led brake lights coverd with paint so they were only seen when the brakes were applied .. I have a 64 c10 swb bw and I put caddy taillights in the back, I'm still in the fab stage So changing them is not a problem. What I would really like is 2' long side-by-side LED strips on each side. There was ATV show I believe it's on velocity or discovery that they did this and I believe it was a 3 stage candy color and they sprayed the candy color over the Strips and you couldn't see them until the brakes were depressed. Anybody have any idea on what they used and how to do it. Thank you in advance for your time.
Sickboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 06:28 PM   #2
Sickboys

Re: Looking for a way to put led brake light strips 2 side by side on both bed side e

]which custom car tv show did a custom truck with hiddeen led brake lights coverd with paint so they were only seen when the brakes were applied .. I have a 64 c10 swb bw and I put caddy taillights in the back, I'm still in the fab stage So changing them is not a problem. What I would really like is 2' long side-by-side LED strips on each side. There was ATV show I believe it's on velocity or discovery that they did this and I believe it was a 3 stage candy color and they sprayed the candy color over the Strips and you couldn't see them until the brakes were depressed. Anybody have any idea on what they used and how to do it. Thank you in advance for your time.

Last edited by Sickboys; 04-28-2018 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Newbie mistake
Old 04-28-2018, 08:32 PM   #3
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Re: Looking for a way to put led brake light strips 2 side by side on both bed side e

So what would you do for running lights?

I haven’t seen the show, just asking.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:35 PM   #4
Sickboys

When the lights are on they would be seen. But during the day only when you hit the brakes.