The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-13-2018, 01:20 AM   #1
slotard

T boned someone, repair ('73 C20)

Someone ran a red light and I T boned him. Of course, he denies he ran it, said he was in the intersection from his green that'd just ended... I'd had a green for half a block.

If his insurance doesn't cooperate (I have liability only), I'll be fixing it myself.

Passenger fender is pushed back enough that the door won't open (I tried once, won't be trying again).

Suggestions on fixing that? Obviously not until insurance stuff is sorted out. I put Bilsteins up front TODAY of course, and rears last month, and swapped the rear axle/leafs last month.

I bet they'll say it's totaled if they accept responsibility too

it's pre-smog, so it's worth keeping one way or another

https://imgur.com/a/bf5h9h2

Old 05-13-2018, 02:45 AM   #2
slotard

Re: T boned someone, repair ('73 C20)

what I need to do soon is replace the broken headlight retainer ring... are the LMC ones any good?
Old 05-13-2018, 06:23 AM   #3
Dead Parrot

You might check the HELP section parts in one of the box stores. They used to carry those rings.

Suffered similar damage years ago due to someone not making the right turn due to ice. Bounced off my right front and wound up in a vacant lot.

Bumper, outer fender, maybe inner fender, bumper braces, possible core support is bent. Also headlight bezel. Take a close look at your turn signal. Might be cracked. Check your battery tray as well. Looks like you got lucky on the hood and grill.

Might be able to adjust the core support with a chain, tree and reverse. At least enough to free up the door pending a better fix. Wait until the insurance thing is resolved.
Dead Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:08 AM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

id look for an original those help ones aren't too good.. the attaching points snap off without any effort.. that truck is easily repaired unbolt the fender and re align the rest can be pulled with a stud welder kit, at least from what I see in the pictures

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:58 AM   #5
slotard

the fender is in pretty rough shape, it's wrinkled on the top near the A pillar and on the bottom at the front of the wheel well, plus it's bowed out. I doubt the fender is really fixable sadly.

https://imgur.com/a/3AgW8KN
Old 05-13-2018, 02:22 PM   #6
slotard

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/pts...583057062.html I should see if I can get him to sell me just what I need, color looks fairly similar
Old 05-13-2018, 02:36 PM   #7
cfan10

Cool Re: T boned someone, repair ('73 C20)

Not sure about the truck but I would highly suggest a dash Cam, saved my butt. Just show the police the footage but do not give it to them that's what they tried to make me do in Lafayette Louisiana not sure but the lady lied but of course I had proof which I immediately uploaded to YouTube in case the footage was somehow compromised. Turns out the P.I. at my lawyers office discovered she couldn't afford her notes on her new q45 thought I would be an easy patsy in my 20 year old blazer.
I love your truck sorry for the rant. :-)
Rest In Peace:Mikhail {Mickey Rooney} Alpha 2/5/13 Omega 7/22/14 10:28AM I love you tremendously and outragiously Superpuppi Thai Ridgeback...The most intelligent dog known to me.
Don't mess with my truck, my momma or my money...not necessarily in that order. ©
Stand for something or fall for anything.
[LIST][*]'98 Bourbon St. Brawl ©2010
cfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 03:18 PM   #8
slotard

I have one in the car, but I don't drive the truck much and the cigarette lighter isn't switched so I'd have to put in some work wiring it.