The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2018, 09:43 PM   #1
TheOriginalFarmboy

Dan Gurney Wheels

Hey everyone, new here, thought I'd try my luck with the 4by guys in this thread. Picked up another square that came with some slotted jellybean mags. I don't particularly like the slotted mag style, so I polished em up with the intention of selling em. Noticed on the back was a brand, Dan Gurney Ind. Did a little research and found lots of Memorabilia and Dan Gurney branded Cougars and 4 lug Porsche and VDub wheels. But I couldn't for the life of me find any info on their 8 lugs. After a little digging found that US MAG bought Dan Gurney sometime in the '70s, meaning these wheels gotta be around 40 years old. Just looking for some info on these things. Like the history of the company, if they're collectable or maybe what they're worth. Just kinda want to know a little more, I don't want end up flogging a set of wheels that ended up being worth a decent sum. Here's a picture of em, wrapped in the infamous BFG m/t knockoffs. Thanks everyone!
Attached Images

1972 IH 1200
1977 K25 Daily
2007 Murano Wife's
TheOriginalFarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote