The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
jmking9

1970 swb c-10

Finally getting around to starting a build thread. First, a little history on the truck. I bought this truck in 1996 when I was 14. It was a 70 Long bed with a 350/350 that was in really good shape. A friend of my dads owned a little car lot and took it in on a trade. He knew I had been looking for a 67-72 so he gave us a call the evening he traded for it. An hour (and an empty savings account from mowing yards) later, I had purchased my first truck. I drove it daily through high school and the first year of college. Then it sat for several years without being drove much. I always wanted to make it a shortbed and restore it myself. It was just a matter of having the time/space/money to do it. I have been working on it slowly for about 4 years and have recently made a strong push toward finishing it. I will add pics and descriptions untill I get caught up with where it is today. First a couple of pictures from when I first got it.
Attached Images