The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2018, 01:26 AM   #11
evilokc

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

purchased my door jam switches today and set out to create light! I sort of did? I pulled the seat out and cleaned up the floor. it was a terrible mess. for reasons unknown to me when I got in it dawned on me that the light on the shifter indicator had never worked. I'm don interior lighting and that counts. the indicator itself had also not worked for as long as I could remember. the shifter is 15 years old so maybe it did work but I don't remember it. since I had to take the whole dammed cover off to get to the light i figured might as well fix it all. the indicator issue was immediately apparent. the cable that connected it to the shifter arm was snapped. its a pretty hefty cable so I'm not sure how that could have happened but the jerk who put it in has a way of making terrible things happen. I had the excess from my holley throttle cable left over and was able to cut it to size and make that work. I figured the bulb was burned out so I replaced it but the light still didn't work. checking the wires I found one that wasn't connected well and popping it on correctly brought the new bulb to life. I took the time to wash the shifter cover and top cover but when I went to install them I realized the C clip that holds the indicator cable to the shifter is missing. must have come off when the cable broke. I will get one tomorrow and put it all back together and then continue onto the dome light. good day. got stuff done.
Attached Images

Last edited by evilokc; 01-28-2018 at 02:33 AM.
evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote