The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
n2billet
Village Idiot....

Hazel the older Sister....

As some of you may or may not remember I built a truck a few years back that we named Lucy (Red 68 with a 6 cylinder).......well this is her older sister Hazel. I have watched this truck for five years sitting in a carport in a neighboring town and would stop from time to time to ask the owner if he would sell it and I always got the same response but I would leave my card and drive on down the road thinking he would give in one day. Now a week or so back while we were in Nashville at the GoodGuys show I slip down to the business center in the hotel to get my Craigslist fix when I see a very undisclosed ad for a 67 swb back in the Dallas area......I thought I knew where just about all the 67-72 where in that town so I thought that it had to be the one in the carport.....after a day or two of trying to make myself forget about it I finally broke down and call the guy and sure enough it was the truck. It took almost a week to get our schedules to match so I could get a closer look and try and get the price where I needed it to be but within 10 minutes I was holding the title and my wife was sitting in my truck shaking her head. That was Friday, today I had it towed to the house (been sitting 5 years or more ?) and started cleaning it up....I love the patina so it's going to stay! The drivers side has a huge dent in the door and front fender where the owner backed into it with his tractor 15-20 years ago? I have been studying these dents and I'm thinking I can get them straighten and matched to the rest of the truck without to many problems.
Attached Images

-67 SWB Custom Porterbuilt Front and rear 20/22's Hazel Sold
-71 StepSide Porterbuilt Stage 2 with 20/22's Stella Mae Sold

Last edited by n2billet; 05-20-2010 at 04:24 PM.
n2billet is offline   Reply With Quote