The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network







Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2017, 05:09 PM   #1
Mtblack412
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 23
LMC Vent window assemblies???

So I have a dilemma. I want to send my vent windows to Precision for refurbishment but the pivot post needs to be intact and mine is not. My drivers side is broken. I found the part on Jegs but it has 1 good review and 1 bad review for fitment. Another is the turn around time at Precision and this being a daily driver. LMC has a complete window assembly available but Iím worried about fitment issues. Has anyone bought them and had problems with them? All advice is welcome!
Mtblack412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:26 PM   #2
HunterRotten
Registered User
 
HunterRotten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 253
Re: LMC Vent window assemblies???

I don't think precision is offering this service anymore but it can be done yourself, don't have a say on LMC ones as I've not used them.
HunterRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:29 PM   #3
Mtblack412
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 23
Re: LMC Vent window assemblies???

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterRotten View Post
I don't think precision is offering this service anymore but it can be done yourself, don't have a say on LMC ones as I've not used them.
Precision still does them. Itís a 7-10 day turn around time.
Mtblack412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:13 PM   #4
HunterRotten
Registered User
 
HunterRotten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 253
Re: LMC Vent window assemblies???

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=738570&page=2

I only have that from what I read in this thread a few months ago
HunterRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:24 PM   #5
cochino12
It followed me home?
 
cochino12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Parker, Co
Posts: 5,633
Re: LMC Vent window assemblies???

I spoke to precision at Sema, they are still providing window service s. $200 per wing
__________________
Adam

That's why they call it a shortcut Kyle, if it was easy it would just be the way.

86 c-10 shortened LWB
85 CCSB
90 GMC K30 Crew Dually
cochino12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:33 PM   #6
Mtblack412
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 23
Re: LMC Vent window assemblies???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochino12 View Post
I spoke to precision at Sema, they are still providing window service s. $200 per wing
Would love to go the Precision route but my pivot shaft is broken and it needs to be intact.
Mtblack412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:35 PM   #7
TKCR
Senior Member
 
TKCR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,404
Re: LMC Vent window assemblies???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtblack412 View Post
Would love to go the Precision route but my pivot shaft is broken and it needs to be intact.
I thought they have new frames, to where they could replace yours. Maybe not. I just remember when I sent mine in to be rebuilt, they said they would replace anything that needed replaced. Mine just needed new seals & springs.
Look at USA1 Industries, they sell rebuilt vent windows and all the parts if you want.

Last edited by TKCR; 11-12-2017 at 09:45 PM.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:07 PM   #8
gmachinz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Des Moines, IA.
Posts: 3,627
Re: LMC Vent window assemblies???

If you cant find a good replacement, I have 1 NOS LH vent assembly left w/glass if interested. This is a full GM replacement assembly.
__________________
Specializing in building electrical harnesses and cooling systems

HARNESSWORX

"An army may march great distances without distress, if it marches through country where the enemy is not."

-Sun Tzu: The Art of War
gmachinz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:08 PM   #9
Mtblack412
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 23
Re: LMC Vent window assemblies???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
I thought they have new frames, to where they could replace yours. Maybe not. I just remember when I sent mine in to be rebuilt, they said they would replace anything that needed replaced. Mine just needed new seals & springs.
Look at USA1 Industries, they sell rebuilt vent windows and all the parts if you want.
I got an email from a gentleman at Precision named Greg and according to their FAQ page on refurbishing the vent window assemblies the pivot post needs to be intact. I emailed him back about it being broken and possibly having them repair it. I hope to hear back from them tomorrow if they can or not. Iíll update the post if they can or not. In the mean time Iíll check out USA 1 Industries as youíve mentioned.
Mtblack412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:13 PM   #10
Mtblack412
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 23
Re: LMC Vent window assemblies???

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmachinz View Post
If you cant find a good replacement, I have 1 NOS LH vent assembly left w/glass if interested. This is a full GM replacement assembly.
Sending PM.
Mtblack412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:17 PM   #11
TKCR
Senior Member
 
TKCR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,404
Re: LMC Vent window assemblies???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtblack412 View Post
I got an email from a gentleman at Precision named Greg and according to their FAQ page on refurbishing the vent window assemblies the pivot post needs to be intact. I emailed him back about it being broken and possibly having them repair it. I hope to hear back from them tomorrow if they can or not. Iíll update the post if they can or not. In the mean time Iíll check out USA 1 Industries as youíve mentioned.
Another alternative, find another vent window assembly from a salvage yard, where the pivot post is intact. And then have that one rebuilt. Then there is the NOS vent window assembly that gmachinz has, if the price is comparable.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:19 PM   #12
Mtblack412
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 23
Re: LMC Vent window assemblies???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
Another alternative, find another vent window assembly from a salvage yard, where the pivot post is intact. And then have that one rebuilt. Then there is the NOS vent window assembly that gmachinz has, if the price is comparable.
Iím looking into that option actually. As with everything cost is a big factor. Thanks for all the info! Everyone is proving how awesome this forum is!
Mtblack412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:21 PM   #13
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

 
N2TRUX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 37,998
Re: LMC Vent window assemblies???

To clarify, Precision Replacement Parts still offers their rebuild service. I talked with Derek before SEMA and a decision was made to offer the service. LMC does sell replacement vents assemblies, but I cant vouch for their quality. I can tell you that PRP sends them back better than new.
__________________
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram @N2trux.com

Articles-

The77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:32 PM   #14
Mtblack412
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 23
Re: LMC Vent window assemblies???

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
To clarify, Precision Replacement Parts still offers their rebuild service. I talked with Derek before SEMA and a decision was made to offer the service. LMC does sell replacement vents assemblies, but I cant vouch for their quality. I can tell you that PRP sends them back better than new.
Iím at a crossroads with which to go with. I know that if I give them to precision that they will go back in with no problem. So far I havenít had any issues with LMC parts but for something like this, itís a whole different ball of wax. I would hate to get something that doesnít fit right and leaks if not fitted properly which is why I may just go with Precision and have to just park the truck till I get them back. I just need to resolve the pivot post issue. Greg at precision emailed m back and said that they may can repair the pivot post but canít warranty the repair on the post themselves, but he was also nice enough to give me a few other options to go with as well. Great company.
Mtblack412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com