The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network







Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2017, 11:07 AM   #1
TonyH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 5
67 C10 front control arm bushings

Quick question guys, I finally got the parts to convert my 67 C10 to front disc brakes. I got new ball joints and tie rod ends and going to replace shocks and springs as well. I figured while I had it all apart I should also replace the control arm bushings. I’ve searched all the normal vendors and have been unable to find the parts. I have found bushings for the rear trailing arms and for the front control arms on 73 – up but none for 67 trucks. I have found the entire shaft. The 1967 Chevrolet Chassis Service Manual shows a procedure for replacing the bushings. Do I have to replace the entire shaft or do these parts generally not need to be replaced. Thanks
TonyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
JohnJ@RideTech
Registered User
 
JohnJ@RideTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Jasper IN
Posts: 266
Re: 67 C10 front control arm bushings

I think I have something that might help you out.
We have new cross shafts with Delrin bushings that are designed to work with your factory control arms. These bushings come standard in our StreetGrip kit.
Check out the link below and let me know what you think.
http://www.ridetech.com/products/str...-bushings-set/
__________________
John J.
Sales/Tech
Direct Line: 812-481-4737
Office: 812-482-2932
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Instagram: @ridetech_john
JohnJ@RideTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:50 PM   #3
SCOTI
Registered User
 
SCOTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: DALLAS,TX
Posts: 17,251
Re: 67 C10 front control arm bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ@RideTech View Post
I think I have something that might help you out.
We have new cross shafts with Delrin bushings that are designed to work with your factory control arms. These bushings come standard in our StreetGrip kit.
Check out the link below and let me know what you think.
http://www.ridetech.com/products/str...-bushings-set/
That kit looks like it would work w/the 73-87 style a-arms. The 63-72 a-arms have the threaded bushings.
__________________
67SWB-B.B.RetroRod
64SWB-Recycle
89CCDually-Driver/Tow Truck
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides

Building a small, high rpm engine
with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive...
like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol....
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:22 PM   #4
JohnJ@RideTech
Registered User
 
JohnJ@RideTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Jasper IN
Posts: 266
Re: 67 C10 front control arm bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
That kit looks like it would work w/the 73-87 style a-arms. The 63-72 a-arms have the threaded bushings.
You are correct, the 63-72 arms did have threaded bushings. I believe you and I have discussed this before but I will clarify for again for this thread.
The old style screw in bushings worked will as long as they stayed lubricated and the threads never rusted up. Once the threads have rusted or experienced 30+ years of wear, it becomes difficult to replace them.

To address the issues associated with these arms, we designed a bushing sleeve that will press in to your factory control arms and eliminate the need for a threaded bushing. Our kit gives you the correct sleeves for a press fit, as well as the Delrin bushings and cross shafts for that application.
__________________
John J.
Sales/Tech
Direct Line: 812-481-4737
Office: 812-482-2932
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Instagram: @ridetech_john
JohnJ@RideTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:03 PM   #5
SCOTI
Registered User
 
SCOTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: DALLAS,TX
Posts: 17,251
Re: 67 C10 front control arm bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ@RideTech View Post
You are correct, the 63-72 arms did have threaded bushings. I believe you and I have discussed this before but I will clarify for again for this thread.
The old style screw in bushings worked will as long as they stayed lubricated and the threads never rusted up. Once the threads have rusted or experienced 30+ years of wear, it becomes difficult to replace them.

To address the issues associated with these arms, we designed a bushing sleeve that will press in to your factory control arms and eliminate the need for a threaded bushing. Our kit gives you the correct sleeves for a press fit, as well as the Delrin bushings and cross shafts for that application.
Gotcha. Thanks for explaining (re-explaining?).
__________________
67SWB-B.B.RetroRod
64SWB-Recycle
89CCDually-Driver/Tow Truck
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides

Building a small, high rpm engine
with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive...
like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol....
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:01 PM   #6
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW
 
BR3W CITY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MKE WI
Posts: 6,676
Re: 67 C10 front control arm bushings

I appreciate it too. I have been looking to redo and mod my lowers, but have the 72 arms on my crossmember, and had been facing the bushing confusion.
__________________
'66 Short Step / SD Tuned / Big Cam LQ4 / Backhalfed /Built 4l80e / #REBUILDEVERYTHING

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:32 AM   #7
TonyH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 5
Re: 67 C10 front control arm bushings

Thanks for the reply. That's a lot more than I was looking to spend. I think if I was going for that large of an investment I would just put the money into tubular control arms
TonyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:52 AM   #8
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW
 
BR3W CITY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MKE WI
Posts: 6,676
Re: 67 C10 front control arm bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyH View Post
Thanks for the reply. That's a lot more than I was looking to spend. I think if I was going for that large of an investment I would just put the money into tubular control arms
Have you looked at the prices? $1k+
__________________
'66 Short Step / SD Tuned / Big Cam LQ4 / Backhalfed /Built 4l80e / #REBUILDEVERYTHING

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com