The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-13-2018, 12:06 AM   #1
WOLFMANmike

60-66 chevy truck warning of bad business etiquet for all to know

So my wife for Christmas ordered me some new push on style weather stripping from the brand name Precision but i guess had to go through a place called CJ pony truck parts. Well normally i would not know about this but they miss advertised to her. see they let her make the order and on the front page in big red letters it said 44.99 then goes on about how the product is and says it is guaranteed to ship to your door in 5 business days that is it.. so what happened? well as i said they let her place the order and gave a confirmation email that it was made and would be in the mail.. well days go by and she noticed no charge yet on the credit card so she calls today to see what gives? to which they tell her oh its on back order sorry so my wife says thats not what the email says and it did not tell her on the website either that they were. so they basically make the web page look as its there and let you place the order and even after placing it do not give you a heads up about it being on back order and then when you call are rude to you and tell you mam it says so you should have read it.. i hope i save you all from doing business with these people we told them to kill the order we will take our business elsewhere and did hope this helps you guys
WOLFMANmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:24 PM   #2
Chevy Fleetside

Re: 60-66 chevy truck warning of bad business etiquet for all to know

yeah their customer service sucks and they do have stuff on backorder I think it says in the cart if it is on back order but I doubt that. I used to order stuff through them for my Mustang but after the last thing that went wrong and no replies or call backs from them I dumped them.

65 Short Fleetside BBC
65 Long Fleetside 283 3 on the tree for now.
my build thread http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=259536
Chevy Fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:45 PM   #3
WOLFMANmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Fleetside View Post
yeah their customer service sucks and they do have stuff on backorder I think it says in the cart if it is on back order but I doubt that. I used to order stuff through them for my Mustang but after the last thing that went wrong and no replies or call backs from them I dumped them.
good to know it is not just us.. and also sorry crap happened to you as well i just wanted to share this here to look out for other truck guys so they don't get bit by them too.. we all gotta look out for each other ya know what i mean. i sure hope i did not brake the rules here posting that. just want to do my part to help others too
Old 12-13-2018, 04:01 PM   #4
vin63
It's Better With Nitro

Did she start to place the order on the Precision website and then got directed to another site? I had to order a set of push-on door weatherstrip a few months for a customer, and ordered through Precision's website. I'm not familiar with CJ Pony...sorry you had to deal with that crap.
Tubular front and rear suspension
Custom 6-piston front disc and 4-piston rear disc brakes
vin63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:28 PM   #5
WOLFMANmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin63 View Post
Did she start to place the order on the Precision website and then got directed to another site? I had to order a set of push-on door weatherstrip a few months for a customer, and ordered through Precision's website. I'm not familiar with CJ Pony...sorry you had to deal with that crap.
Yeah it takes you right there as if maybe they bought them out ? I don't know my wife was the hunter on this item . I know she is bumed I know about it now tho she wanted to surprise me
Old 12-13-2018, 04:55 PM   #6
vin63
It's Better With Nitro

Ugh...what a pain. This is the site she went to? It still seems to order directly through Precision Replacement Parts.

https://www.prp.com/product/detail/3...ickup&type=All
Tubular front and rear suspension
Custom 6-piston front disc and 4-piston rear disc brakes
vin63 is offline   Reply With Quote