The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2018, 12:19 PM   #151
JohnJ@RideTech

Re: Ridetech 4-Link Coil-Over Install

Be sure and check out N2Trux newest build showing this same kit being installed with the air option!
Office: 812-482-2932
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Instagram: @ridetech_john
JohnJ@RideTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:24 PM   #152
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ@RideTech View Post
Be sure and check out N2Trux newest build showing this same kit being installed with the air option!
thanks for sharing John. Happy new Year buddy. "Elwood" the 77_remix

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:02 AM   #153
JohnJ@RideTech

Are there any of you guys who have purchased our StreetGrip or Coilover Kits that would mind sharing photos of your trucks?
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Old 05-09-2018, 03:25 PM   #154
808_67C10

That is an amazing kit but, at $5900, financially out of reach for the average guy rolling a square. I wish I was in the tax bracket to afford something like this. Maybe a GoFundMe page...
67 C/10 SOLD http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489298
79 K5 Blazer SOLD http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=657461
808_67C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:38 PM   #155
JohnJ@RideTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808_67C10 View Post
That is an amazing kit but, at $5900, financially out of reach for the average guy rolling a square. I wish I was in the tax bracket to afford something like this. Maybe a GoFundMe page...
I agree, its definitely not for everyones investment range but for a performance suspension consisting of quality components that is built in the United States (Indiana), our customers appreciate getting what they paid for.
If you just want the "look" there are definitely more budget friendly components on the market.
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Old 05-09-2018, 04:53 PM   #156
808_67C10

Quote:
I agree, its definitely not for everyones investment range but for a performance suspension consisting of quality components that is built in the United States (Indiana), our customers appreciate getting what they paid for.
If you just want the "look" there are definitely more budget friendly components on the market.
Right on John - not dogging the game - just not in the income level as a lot of folks building C10s these days. I would say, I am part of the majority that drives the industry though.... When it all started back in the day (the 40s/50s) hot rodders just made things work and it was cool. Now, if you are on anything other than an unlimited budget, you only get the "look" and not the performance. As an average Joe - I have about 12k into my truck and all I have is the look... it hurts that guys like me cant get in on the performance without getting a HELOC on my house and likely a divorce to get there. LOL From a business standpoint, whats the profit on kits like this after all the R&D? I look at long travel suspension kits for off-road kits which take a much harder beating and they are less or close to the same price. I just don't understand it. Supply and demand I suppose. Its a cool set up though... No doubt you guys have the best products on the market.

Last edited by 808_67C10; 05-09-2018 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:34 PM   #157
daddyjeep

Quote:
Right on John - not dogging the game - just not in the income level as a lot of folks building C10s these days. I would say, I am part of the majority that drives the industry though.... When it all started back in the day (the 40s/50s) hot rodders just made things work and it was cool. Now, if you are on anything other than an unlimited budget, you only get the "look" and not the performance. As an average Joe - I have about 12k into my truck and all I have is the look... it hurts that guys like me cant get in on the performance without getting a HELOC on my house and likely a divorce to get there. LOL From a business standpoint, whats the profit on kits like this after all the R&D? I look at long travel suspension kits for off-road kits which take a much harder beating and they are less or close to the same price. I just don't understand it. Supply and demand I suppose. Its a cool set up though... No doubt you guys have the best products on the market.
I couldn't agree more, but look out there at any form of motorsports. There are guys dropping that kind of money for suspension on their UTVs so they can play in mud puddles. The pro touring builds are everywhere. most of these builds are $100k builds. I certainly can't financially play in the same arena, but that isn't going to keep me from playing.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=786514
daddyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:06 PM   #158
z71se

Just bought the Ridetech 4-Link kit, will take a few weeks to get it on and running lol.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:26 PM   #159
1957 Chief
Proud Vet that loves the USA

Quote:
Are there any of you guys who have purchased our StreetGrip or Coilover Kits that would mind sharing photos of your trucks?
John, I am finally back to workin on the 86. Ill have some pics for you soon. I have no prob showing it off.
Also check your PM's.

Bubba
1957 Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:30 PM   #160
z71se

Hey John, will the front Ridetech chassis brace work with a steering box brace?

Old 05-10-2018, 04:41 PM   #161
808_67C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep View Post
I couldn't agree more, but look out there at any form of motorsports. There are guys dropping that kind of money for suspension on their UTVs so they can play in mud puddles. The pro touring builds are everywhere. most of these builds are $100k builds. I certainly can't financially play in the same arena, but that isn't going to keep me from playing.
Amen brotha. Another thing that comes to mind is the fact that a lot of these big builds get "sponsored" high budget parts for advertisement at SEMA and various trade n custom shows... once those vehicles serve their purpose, they get sold for mega bucks to be parked in some rich guys garage. Yet guys like us who want and would use these awesome products to take our rides to the next level cant afford to or choose not to drop 6Gs for stuff we can make ourselves. Might not be as good but, thats 6Gs I can apply to other things. I can see the coil overs being pricey and the cost of the a-arms but the rest is bracketry that is made on/by machines, not a custom fabricator (aka a hard working American making a living) yet - its "made in America" --- okay, I am done with my soap box. Sorry... the reality is just painful. I love building my cars/trucks but will never be able to achieve the level I am capable of, thats all!
Old 05-10-2018, 04:58 PM   #162
z71se

Quote:
Amen brotha. Another thing that comes to mind is the fact that a lot of these big builds get "sponsored" high budget parts for advertisement at SEMA and various trade n custom shows... once those vehicles serve their purpose, they get sold for mega bucks to be parked in some rich guys garage. Yet guys like us who want and would use these awesome products to take our rides to the next level cant afford to or choose not to drop 6Gs for stuff we can make ourselves. Might not be as good but, thats 6Gs I can apply to other things. I can see the coil overs being pricey and the cost of the a-arms but the rest is bracketry that is made on/by machines, not a custom fabricator (aka a hard working American making a living) yet - its "made in America" --- okay, I am done with my soap box. Sorry... the reality is just painful. I love building my cars/trucks but will never be able to achieve the level I am capable of, thats all!
Frank, if you ever have a chance, you'll know just how expensive it is to run a business in America. It's not just a machine making parts, it's a guy manning a machine, who needs fair wages, health insurance, workman's comp, business insurance so you don't get sued. Want to keep that employee so he doesn't run off to the next guy? Might need to offer him a 401K and paid time off. Then the powdercoating for all these parts is also done in America, and all those same expenses get applied to the powdercoating.

Vehicle modification is never meant to be a budget hobby. We've got fly fishing and hunting for that! Once you rip into a car and do anything other than basic repairs, the cost goes through the roof. And if you want to use quality parts, the price goes even even higher! Try messing with Corvette's or any other platform besides Chevy trucks and you'll soon realize that these parts are fairly priced.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:28 PM   #163
808_67C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by z71se View Post
Frank, if you ever have a chance, you'll know just how expensive it is to run a business in America. It's not just a machine making parts, it's a guy manning a machine, who needs fair wages, health insurance, workman's comp, business insurance so you don't get sued. Want to keep that employee so he doesn't run off to the next guy? Might need to offer him a 401K and paid time off. Then the powdercoating for all these parts is also done in America, and all those same expenses get applied to the powdercoating.

Vehicle modification is never meant to be a budget hobby. We've got fly fishing and hunting for that! Once you rip into a car and do anything other than basic repairs, the cost goes through the roof. And if you want to use quality parts, the price goes even even higher! Try messing with Corvette's or any other platform besides Chevy trucks and you'll soon realize that these parts are fairly priced.
God Bless America
Old 05-10-2018, 06:03 PM   #164
1957 Chief

Quote:

Good words my friend. And as a business owner that prides itself in selling MADE in USA products, your words are even truer.

Bubba
Old 05-10-2018, 10:25 PM   #165
Rickysnickers

Quote:
... the reality is just painful. I love building my cars/trucks but will never be able to achieve the level I am capable of, thats all!
That's a lot of us
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:48 AM   #166
JohnJ@RideTech

Quote:
Just bought the Ridetech 4-Link kit, will take a few weeks to get it on and running lol.
Any progress on the build?
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Old 07-25-2018, 09:50 AM   #167
JohnJ@RideTech

Quote:

-Boom.
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Old 07-25-2018, 10:14 AM   #168
SCOTI

Quote:

I don't fish, hunt, or even basket weave. I still don't have enough to afford one of the 'kits'.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:52 PM   #169
jimboh247

I've got a question. I'm not a mechanical engineer, but.....

Would have it been possible to move everything inboard of the frame rails?

Is there something that wouldn't allow for such a move.

By the looks, that would allow for some really big tires out back, without frame mods.

Love the kit! I'm saving my pennies and dimes for my set up!
Old 07-25-2018, 04:02 PM   #170
JohnJ@RideTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboh247 View Post
I've got a question. I'm not a mechanical engineer, but.....

Would have it been possible to move everything inboard of the frame rails?

Is there something that wouldn't allow for such a move.

By the looks, that would allow for some really big tires out back, without frame mods.

Love the kit! I'm saving my pennies and dimes for my set up!
You can run a pretty wide tire out back with this kit as well. The truck below was built by Classic Car Studio using this same kit. This truck current has 315-35-20s on the rear and a 275-35-20 on the front and still has a little room to spare all the way around. Keep in mind, this usually requires a custom offset wheel but the kit itself doesn't really pose a lot of interference in regards to wheel and tire clearance.
*Just a note: This truck does have Slosh Tubz in the front and mini tubs in the rear. As with any drastically dropped Square, factory wheel tubs limit you more than anything else.

Name:  CCS Squarebody.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  32.0 KB

Name:  CCS Squarebody 2.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  69.8 KB
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Old 07-25-2018, 05:37 PM   #171
808_67C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I don't fish, hunt, or even basket weave. I still don't have enough to afford one of the 'kits'.
Amen brother! Retired Military here and have done pretty darn good for my self and STILL can't justify the cost. I guess I will stay static or build my own.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:38 PM   #172
1957 Chief

Quote:
Amen brother! Retired Military here and have done pretty darn good for my self and STILL can't justify the cost. I guess I will stay static or build my own.

Thanks for your service brother. Retired guy here as well.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:46 AM   #173
z71se

Quote:
Any progress on the build?
Yes, the frame has been powdercoated and reassembled. Ridetech rear kit installed, minus the coilovers as I need to measure when everything is back on the ground. I'm going for about 26" ground to fender in the rear. I'd like it to sit how it did before I took it apart for the LS, 4-link, powdercoat, etc etc etc.

Frame reassembled:

Ridetech 4-link partially installed:

How the truck sat before disassembly (and how I would like it to sit again). John any idea on what coilovers to order? Right now I just have standoffs that were welded up temporarily to hold the truck up.

Last edited by z71se; 07-26-2018 at 02:59 PM.
z71se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:22 AM   #174
JohnJ@RideTech

Quote:
steering gear rebuilt by lee power steering in santa clarita. Hand bent 3/16" brake lines front to rear for the wilwood kit that clears 15" wheels (i'm old school).

Shouldn't be a problem.
Are you looking to retain the factory control arms that you've had powder coated?
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Old 07-26-2018, 02:45 PM   #175
z71se

Quote:
Shouldn't be a problem.
Are you looking to retain the factory control arms that you've had powder coated?
Yes I decided to retain the stock-type front suspension with 2.5" spindles, and 2" Eibach springs that the truck had when I got it, for ride quality purposes.