The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-17-2018, 10:51 PM   #1
Ironhorse

Choke Delete Parts ??

Not sure where or when I got these, have had them for quite sometime tho. Just the two pieces in the pic is all I have.

The threaded round disc has a hole on the back side, looks to be 7/16'' diameter with fine threads. Two 1/8'' square holes on the front directly across from each other. It is metal, non-magnetic, stainless maybe?

The thinner metal tab, also not-magnetic, aluminum perhaps? Has a joggled upper tab and a lower rounded bottom. Hole in center is approx. 1/2'' in dia.

Tried a search and came up with both parts being for a certain style of choke delete but could not pin it down to specific. Would really like others to chime in on what it is for sure and value?
Attached Images

Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:29 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Choke Delete Parts ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Not sure where or when I got these, have had them for quite sometime tho. Just the two pieces in the pic is all I have.

The threaded round disc has a hole on the back side, looks to be 7/16'' diameter with fine threads. Two 1/8'' square holes on the front directly across from each other. It is metal, non-magnetic, stainless maybe?

The thinner metal tab, also not-magnetic, aluminum perhaps? Has a joggled upper tab and a lower rounded bottom. Hole in center is approx. 1/2'' in dia.

Tried a search and came up with both parts being for a certain style of choke delete but could not pin it down to specific. Would really like others to chime in on what it is for sure and value?

I started to answer this earlier this afternoon but got distracted and forgot about it....

That style of choke delete is for the bezels with the choke label in the top right corner of the bezel. I think all of the '67's had a manual choke so it would only be for the '68's with 327 or 396 V-8. My '68 has one like that and it has a 327/TH400 in it. I think they are pretty hard to find. Member Jeff's bowties sold one for $40. So I would say $40-$50.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:51 PM   #3
Ironhorse

Re: Choke Delete Parts ??

Leon, that is a big, big help to identify what I have. Just wish I could recall when and where I acquired it. Been playing with cars and trucks since got out of the service many years ago. SO glad I was steered toward this website, nearly 17 years ago. Wow, time does fly.

If you would be so inclined to at some point post a pic of your dash, would really like to see this set up in a real world setting.

Thanks again for the reply Leon and thanks again to this board.
You both ROCK!!
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote