The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-12-2017, 05:09 PM   #1
Mtblack412

LMC Vent window assemblies???

So I have a dilemma. I want to send my vent windows to Precision for refurbishment but the pivot post needs to be intact and mine is not. My drivers side is broken. I found the part on Jegs but it has 1 good review and 1 bad review for fitment. Another is the turn around time at Precision and this being a daily driver. LMC has a complete window assembly available but I’m worried about fitment issues. Has anyone bought them and had problems with them? All advice is welcome!
Mtblack412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:26 PM   #2
HunterRotten

Re: LMC Vent window assemblies???

I don't think precision is offering this service anymore but it can be done yourself, don't have a say on LMC ones as I've not used them.
HunterRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:29 PM   #3
Mtblack412

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterRotten View Post
I don't think precision is offering this service anymore but it can be done yourself, don't have a say on LMC ones as I've not used them.
Precision still does them. It’s a 7-10 day turn around time.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:13 PM   #4
HunterRotten

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=738570&page=2

I only have that from what I read in this thread a few months ago
HunterRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:24 PM   #5
cochino12
It followed me home?

I spoke to precision at Sema, they are still providing window service s. $200 per wing

That's why they call it a shortcut Kyle, if it was easy it would just be the way.

86 c-10 SWB
85 CCSB
90 GMC K30 Crew SRW
1985 C30 Dually
cochino12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:33 PM   #6
Mtblack412

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochino12 View Post
I spoke to precision at Sema, they are still providing window service s. $200 per wing
Would love to go the Precision route but my pivot shaft is broken and it needs to be intact.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:35 PM   #7
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtblack412 View Post
Would love to go the Precision route but my pivot shaft is broken and it needs to be intact.
I thought they have new frames, to where they could replace yours. Maybe not. I just remember when I sent mine in to be rebuilt, they said they would replace anything that needed replaced. Mine just needed new seals & springs.
Look at USA1 Industries, they sell rebuilt vent windows and all the parts if you want.

Last edited by TKCR; 11-12-2017 at 09:45 PM.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:07 PM   #8
gmachinz
Account Suspended

If you cant find a good replacement, I have 1 NOS LH vent assembly left w/glass if interested. This is a full GM replacement assembly.
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:08 PM   #9
Mtblack412

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
I thought they have new frames, to where they could replace yours. Maybe not. I just remember when I sent mine in to be rebuilt, they said they would replace anything that needed replaced. Mine just needed new seals & springs.
Look at USA1 Industries, they sell rebuilt vent windows and all the parts if you want.
I got an email from a gentleman at Precision named Greg and according to their FAQ page on refurbishing the vent window assemblies the pivot post needs to be intact. I emailed him back about it being broken and possibly having them repair it. I hope to hear back from them tomorrow if they can or not. I’ll update the post if they can or not. In the mean time I’ll check out USA 1 Industries as you’ve mentioned.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:13 PM   #10
Mtblack412

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmachinz View Post
If you cant find a good replacement, I have 1 NOS LH vent assembly left w/glass if interested. This is a full GM replacement assembly.
Sending PM.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:17 PM   #11
TKCR

Quote:
I got an email from a gentleman at Precision named Greg and according to their FAQ page on refurbishing the vent window assemblies the pivot post needs to be intact. I emailed him back about it being broken and possibly having them repair it. I hope to hear back from them tomorrow if they can or not. I’ll update the post if they can or not. In the mean time I’ll check out USA 1 Industries as you’ve mentioned.
Another alternative, find another vent window assembly from a salvage yard, where the pivot post is intact. And then have that one rebuilt. Then there is the NOS vent window assembly that gmachinz has, if the price is comparable.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:19 PM   #12
Mtblack412

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
Another alternative, find another vent window assembly from a salvage yard, where the pivot post is intact. And then have that one rebuilt. Then there is the NOS vent window assembly that gmachinz has, if the price is comparable.
I’m looking into that option actually. As with everything cost is a big factor. Thanks for all the info! Everyone is proving how awesome this forum is!
Old 11-14-2017, 10:21 PM   #13
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

To clarify, Precision Replacement Parts still offers their rebuild service. I talked with Derek before SEMA and a decision was made to offer the service. LMC does sell replacement vents assemblies, but I cant vouch for their quality. I can tell you that PRP sends them back better than new.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:32 PM   #14
Mtblack412

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
To clarify, Precision Replacement Parts still offers their rebuild service. I talked with Derek before SEMA and a decision was made to offer the service. LMC does sell replacement vents assemblies, but I cant vouch for their quality. I can tell you that PRP sends them back better than new.
I’m at a crossroads with which to go with. I know that if I give them to precision that they will go back in with no problem. So far I haven’t had any issues with LMC parts but for something like this, it’s a whole different ball of wax. I would hate to get something that doesn’t fit right and leaks if not fitted properly which is why I may just go with Precision and have to just park the truck till I get them back. I just need to resolve the pivot post issue. Greg at precision emailed m back and said that they may can repair the pivot post but can’t warranty the repair on the post themselves, but he was also nice enough to give me a few other options to go with as well. Great company.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:07 PM   #15
RogerKoop

I have a restored set for on the forum. See http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751313
Old 11-26-2017, 08:55 PM   #16
Mtblack412

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerKoop View Post
I have a restored set for on the forum. See http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751313
That’s awesome. I may hit ya up in the future.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:10 PM   #17
bigmac73

Quote:
That’s awesome. I may hit ya up in the future.
Mt Black,
I know this is a two year old post, but did you ever send vent windows to precision and if you did how did it work out?
Progression Ignition /Holley 750 DP/3:73 gear Eaton Limited Slip unit / 2 1/2 exhaust glasspacks
bigmac73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:01 PM   #18
Mtblack412

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac73 View Post
Mt Black,
I know this is a two year old post, but did you ever send vent windows to precision and if you did how did it work out?
Unfortunately I never sent mine in. I ended up selling the truck. However I hear they are very good for refurbishing them. You just have to make sure that the lower and upper attach points are still attached. If not you will have to find a complete vent frame for just the glass piece.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:24 AM   #19
TKCR

Quote:
Unfortunately I never sent mine in. I ended up selling the truck. However I hear they are very good for refurbishing them. You just have to make sure that the lower and upper attach points are still attached. If not you will have to find a complete vent frame for just the glass piece.
They did mine. Came out great
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2020, 09:59 AM   #20
bigmac73

TKCR
that sells me on Precision , they do look great
Progression Ignition /Holley 750 DP/3:73 gear Eaton Limited Slip unit / 2 1/2 exhaust glasspacks
bigmac73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:48 AM   #21
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac73 View Post
TKCR
that sells me on Precision , they do look great
Best money I have spent
Old 01-15-2020, 11:07 AM   #22
TKCR

I had bought everything, thinking I would do the myself. It proved to be too much of a job. So I sent the windows and all the parts to them and they rebuild the vent windows.