The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-11-2017, 04:45 PM   #101
Farm Shop

Re: if you use photobucket for image hosting you MUST READ THIS

Yep, I concede defeat. I spent a bunch of time today uploading all my C10 pics to a couple albums in my profile, and will rebuild my build thread.
Farm Shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:29 PM   #102
racecougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm Shop View Post
This is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe send out an email to all members with a cliff notes explanation of what happened, and then open up the edit feature to everyone for a month or two so the users can update their threads. I hate to think of all the extremely informative threads that are now going to be crap.

With the trend shifting towards Facebook for "tech" advice, it was always nice to know the forums were there to be a solid archive of invaluable information from guys that have been there and done that... especially well established forums such as this one.

I know I would get bombarded by emails with all the forums I am on, but I'd be willing to update my threads. It helps the enthusiast community, and there's some satisfaction in sticking it to PB for this bull$hit stunt.

That's my $.02 and its non-refundable. Speaking of which, I just noticed my annual subscription ran out, so I'll go address that now.
Precisely.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:44 PM   #103
knomadd

Quote:
Yep, I concede defeat. I spent a bunch of time today uploading all my C10 pics to a couple albums in my profile, and will rebuild my build thread.
Were you able to upload more than 100 pics? I did this already and couldn't get past 100 pics to upload to albums (60 in my 1st and 40 in my 2nd). I can create a 3rd album but it won't let me upload pics to it.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 04:25 PM   #104
Farm Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
Were you able to upload more than 100 pics? I did this already and couldn't get past 100 pics to upload to albums (60 in my 1st and 40 in my 2nd). I can create a 3rd album but it won't let me upload pics to it.
I am just about full in the 40 pic 2nd album. I was wondering if that was the max allowed.

Also found out that only members can see the pics that I hosted from my forum album. I sent the thread to a friend that has no reason to be on this forum, and none of the pics showed up. That's maybe half a notch better than all the PB links being killed.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:08 PM   #105
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

I have a 6 year old thread with around 1500 pics that got hit, so I'm feeling this same as the rest of yall. I've reaquired all my old pics and am working on rehosting, but actually having the chance to fix all my old stuff would be nice...even though it will take me a huge time commit to do it.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:30 PM   #106
hewittca

Quote:
I am just about full in the 40 pic 2nd album. I was wondering if that was the max allowed.

Also found out that only members can see the pics that I hosted from my forum album. I sent the thread to a friend that has no reason to be on this forum, and none of the pics showed up. That's maybe half a notch better than all the PB links being killed.
Are you uploading them under User CP/ Pictures & Albums? When I tried uploading there, it has a file size and photo quantity limit. I upload mine to Gallery/ My Albums and there it says I have unlimited space available. I haven't gone over 60 photos yet, though, so I can't vouch for this being an effective longer term solution.
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:33 AM   #107
Farm Shop

hewittca, correct, I created the albums under my user CP. I didn't realize the gallery was really a separate thing. Man, I've already put a ton of time into this mess so far, but I guess I may as well move everything over there and then update my new thread...

Thanks for the tip.

Edit: Trial from Amazon pictures. I'm a prime subscriber, but I've never paid attention to the photos feature:

Edit #2: Try this again:

Edit #3: Photo properties from google photos

Also from google pictures:

Last edited by Farm Shop; 07-13-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:05 AM   #108
padresag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Well this looks like it's going to make a mess of the board ? Anyone know of another free site or how to load directly from my pc ?
one can cut and paste from google photos

google photos, enlarge image and right click on it and choose "copy image address" and paste it in the image box here. done
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:52 AM   #109
abig84

one thing i been liking about imgur is you can post different sizes of the photo so if you just want to post a very small picture you can

or a medium picture

of annoy everyone with having to scroll side to side to see the whole picture

and a few sizes in between
abig84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:27 PM   #110
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

I wonder if this is actionable? If it's not extortion it should be. It would be one thing if the new fees were reasonable.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:52 PM   #111
67c10rustbuket

Well PB got me too. All my thread pics are dead and I can't edit the posts. I have my pics though. That's a pretty shady way to run a business. If your main self promotion is a free image hosting and storage site I think you ought to honor the plan that those customers signed up for. Oh well the world goes on.

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:17 AM   #112
Overdriven

I noticed a few people saying they're using thumb/usb flash drives or external hard drives for longer term storage of their media. Be advised that both of these are subject to data decay. USB Flash drives have an electrical charge trapped in the chip to store your data and that charge degrades over time. The magnetic code on an external hard drive is subject to the same decay. Be sure to plug either into your computer every 2-3 months to refresh the electrical charge on flash drives and let hard drives do their thing to refresh the magnetic code on the disk. Personally I'd add a cloud based solution for redundancy, photobucket was mine but I've downloaded all my pics and deleted my account out of spite so I'm currently looking into options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
Well PB got me too. All my thread pics are dead and I can't edit the posts. I have my pics though. That's a pretty shady way to run a business. If your main self promotion is a free image hosting and storage site I think you ought to honor the plan that those customers signed up for. Oh well the world goes on.
I've lost a bunch too on other forums. It would've been nice if they would've just blocked commercial stuff like ebay, amazon, etsy etc as those were supposed to be commercial instead of free accounts anyway. Then forum archives wouldn't have been decimated. But they knew they had a ransom like hold on the market as many forums never used to have their own photo hosting and you had to use a 3rd party host like photo bucket. As you said the world goes on
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:27 AM   #113
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by abig84 View Post
one thing i been liking about imgur is you can post different sizes of the photo so if you just want to post a very small picture you can ... or annoy everyone with having to scroll side to side to see the whole picture
I know those large pictures can be irritating but there is a really good use for them. Use them when posting stuff for sale. So many times the pictures are freaking small and almost useless. Giant pictures make it great to really see what you are buying.

I bought some stuff awhile back off of a forum, pictures looked ok, decent driver quality parts. Got the parts but didn't open the box. I wasn't ready to use them. Recently opened the box. A total box of garbage, did I get scammed? Looked at the pictures online again, really closely this time. Little tell tale signs, yep they were the parts. Just looked craptastic in real life.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:43 PM   #114
buffydores

I'm currently able to edit my old posts, but we haven't been given authority to [Manage Attachments]. If the admin will give us authority, we can make some repairs.
buffydores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:01 PM   #115
mongocanfly
Post Whore

^^^^pond scum spammer reported^^^^
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:03 PM   #116
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Buffydores..if you go to edit a post click on "go advanced" at the bottom of the block and it should let you ad pics to a older post..but I don't know how far back it'll work..
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:22 AM   #117
knomadd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Buffydores..if you go to edit a post click on "go advanced" at the bottom of the block and it should let you ad pics to a older post..but I don't know how far back it'll work..
I tried that. It said posts older than 1055 minutes cannot have attachments added.

Okay guys, here's an easy (well, considering the situation) way to upload your photos to fix your posts on this forum. It won't help other forums so much, but it will work here, if you're a paying member.

If you pay for the $25/yr membership, you get an unlimited amount of photo hosting on this site. You can upload your photos (only 2 at a time) to an album you create that will allow you to post thumbnail size, medium size and full size photos. Check it out... scroll to the top of the page, just under the 67-72chevytrucks.com banner is a link called "gallery" or just click here

Once you've made it there, you can create your own album by clicking on "my albums" shown in this pic.
Name:  Gallery.JPG
Views: 204
Size:  42.1 KB

Then click on Create new album
Name:  Create album.JPG
Views: 205
Size:  28.3 KB

Once you've created your album, you can upload your pics, there's a link to do that at the far right side on the same line as "Home * My Photos * My Albums * My Favorites * Profile" shown above.

After your photos have been uploaded, you can go back and edit your original post to update the text for the image link and change it to the new photo in your albums.

Good luck!

C/10 Club Texas member
Old 07-19-2017, 12:17 PM   #118
buffydores

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
I'm afraid it won't. After 10080 minutes (1 week), we're currently out of luck. That's what I'm trying to get the administrators to budge on so we can fix things.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:20 PM   #119
buffydores

Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
I tried that. It said posts older than 1055 minutes cannot have attachments added.

Okay guys, here's an easy (well, considering the situation) way to upload your photos to fix your posts on this forum. It won't help other forums so much, but it will work here, if you're a paying member.

If you pay for the $25/yr membership, you get an unlimited amount of photo hosting on this site. You can upload your photos (only 2 at a time) to an album you create that will allow you to post thumbnail size, medium size and full size photos.

Good luck!
Yep, I played with that, but it would be terribly cumbersome for the larger threads. The [Manage Attachments] functionality is much more manageable.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:54 PM   #120
knomadd

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffydores View Post
Yep, I played with that, but it would be terribly cumbersome for the larger threads. The [Manage Attachments] functionality is much more manageable.
I agree, but if it doesn't work (as in this case) the gallery may be the best option.

Edit: I mean to say that the gallery may be the best option to replace the dead pics. Not necessarily the best option for future uploads. It also keeps this thing from happening again if another photo hosting site people may use decides to pull the same stunt as Photobucket.

C/10 Club Texas member
Old 07-19-2017, 01:13 PM   #121
crakarjax

I think it's easier just to create new threads in a different forum that allows higher-res photos than to modify old posts. Maybe this forum's facebook page would be a good alternative.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:34 PM   #122
Bomp

I pay $25 yearly.
Inexpensive and you get to sell stuff once in awhile.
Made my money back time and again.
I also keep a file going on my build (Steiner) on FB. Can't wait for them to do what PB did.
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:40 PM   #123
knomadd

There are probably 100 different ways to do it. I was only giving a suggestion for those that want to KEEP the old thread instead of dumping it for a new one. The easiest thing to do would be just forget about all of the old posts and move on, but that's what so many are complaining about now.

C/10 Club Texas member
Old 07-19-2017, 07:35 PM   #124
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

The whole thing is very disappointing.. So many people like myself put a lot of time and effort in build threads to share with everyone and in one motion, gone...

I even tried downloading my libraries from P-Bucket and that doesn't work.. I have the pics, just dont want to start over again.

Im just gonna sit back and watch other builds for a while..

1997 Tahoe LT 4D 2WD (DD)
1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
61_FL_Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:40 AM   #125
special-K
Special Order

The problem I have with this is the PB pictures I posted were almost all done years ago. I'm talking 7-13 years ago. I stopped using PB due to poor performance and just consider it a storage place...except videos which I can't show through attached files. So, what was lost? I have no idea. I can't remember what threads I posted pictures in or where. Probably thousands of pictures. They will show up when someone is searching. Years of archive tainted.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote