The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 08:51 PM   #1
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Rant/current events.

I've come to the conclusion that this site is going nowhere fast. I am sick of the BS, no one seems to support me or my staff, support the forums at all... We are a community and without a community watching out for each other it turns into a cesspool and ruins anything once good and fun. No matter what I seem to do I am the bad guy, I’m bad for banning rule violators cause they are popular, I’m bad if I don’t ban rule violators, I'm bad if I dont uphold the rules, I'm bad if I uphold the rules. I am sick of it all, I came close to just offing new subscriptions and all, waiting it out till most are expired and just closing the site. I will not do that, this site means to much to me, to you guys...

I spend 15-40 hours a week doing behind the scenes work, while dealing with home issues of my mom in bad health, fighting breast caner for 7 years, working full time, going to school at night, I get up at 7am, and get home at 10pm.... Yet anything I do is wrong according to the masses, I’m sick and tired of being called being on a power trip for upholding the rules, yet if I don’t do anything in time before it all goes bad I’m considered bad? You guys have to figure out wtf you want out of this site? I have it set as a family oriented place for truck enthusiasts to hang out... yet the trend seems to be try and violate the rules, then ***** if I give a 24hr slap to warn you, no one ever seems to listen unless I do a ban, so I just started doing bans non stop.

Another issue is avatars, if you see your avatar disappear and still have act access, be thankful and don't go on a 400000000 paragraph rant about me touching YOUR stuff. This site is mine, you are here by my rules, and the rules are ever changing, by y'alls input. I try to be fair in everything, never taking sides till I hear the full story, then get input form my moderators and others as to what we believe is the proper decision, yet everyone lambastes me as being a sided individual, I’ve been called a left wing commy, a right wing nut job, a libertarian freak, all in one week... I’m accused of taking sides due to the "buddy system" when all I do is try to get both sides of the story aired and get a settlement agreed upon. I’m a bad guy for enforcing vendor rules to keep people form making money off me, when I’m setting here near the end of the month trying to make sure n figure out I got enough fkn cash to pay for this place.

As of oct 15th, the parts boards will be pay to sale only, I am sick of dealing with the BS of people selling parts, ripping someone off etc. getting drug into it, missing sleep trying to please both sides, getting ***** at if I don’t respond in time.... only contributors and vendors will be able to sell, yeah i know it sucks, so does wasting your friday and saturday dealing with BS for no money, very few thanks, just to help people on as is where is buyer beware area.

If you cant act responsibly in public and have to act like a typical internet asshat, then your stay here will be very short, I’ve been generous on bans, but I see that is not working, I am going to have to start being a hardass, and I do not want to do that. Those that know the true me know I’m a giving caring guy who does anything for anyone as long as they are respectful... If you are unhappy hear as some seem to be, it is a simple thing to fix, LEAVE, I don't need your negativity bringing the whole place down cause of your unhappiness. If you feel something can be done to make you happy, email or pm me, and if I feel it’s a valid thing I will reply and try to assist.

We are going to start doing more contests and “fun” things. The articles contest needs more entries, stuff like how to time an engine, how to change oil, basic stuff new guys need to know, but afraid to ask…

Basically this is how it is;

No cross posting
Island of misfits post will stay till y'all get better at posting
Reading the rules will be mandatory when you log in
For sale posts will be part of the $25/yr subscription in order to post
Rules will be enforced, I hate it, I hate rules, but without order there is chaos, and chaos on the Internet does not work
Look for alto more contests and other fun things soon.
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Closed Thread