The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-08-2020, 05:23 PM   #1
hairball

Truck audio

Hi all, I am looking for a radio for the uncut dash on my 65 C10. It now has no radio. It looks like I have 2 options for a modern system, Custom Auto Sounds and Retosound. Because of my hearing issues, I want a very basic no frills AM/FM radio that looks like the original radio, fits and performs well. I am considering the Laguna from Retosound (price being a factor). I read reviews on systems for both companies and while not problem free, Retosound seems to have the advantage for reliability and better customer service. If anyone has any experience with either company or other suggestions, your opinion would be very helpful. Have a great day and keep safe.
Hairball
hairball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 11:29 AM   #2
Willie Makeit

Re: Truck audio

contact RB Vintage Radio in Mt. Juliet, TN. They will take your original radio and use U.S. made components to give you AM/FM, bluetooth, AUX, etc. (you choose what you want).

The quality of his conversions leave the "other two" (that use Chinese-made components) in the dust and your radio still looks like GM intended.

http://www.randbvintageautoradio.com/
Willie Makeit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:41 PM   #3
Zippi

Re: Truck audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairball View Post
Hi all, I am looking for a radio for the uncut dash on my 65 C10. It now has no radio. It looks like I have 2 options for a modern system, Custom Auto Sounds and Retosound. Because of my hearing issues, I want a very basic no frills AM/FM radio that looks like the original radio, fits and performs well. I am considering the Laguna from Retosound (price being a factor). I read reviews on systems for both companies and while not problem free, Retosound seems to have the advantage for reliability and better customer service. If anyone has any experience with either company or other suggestions, your opinion would be very helpful. Have a great day and keep safe.
Hairball
I recently installed a Laguna radio from RetroSound in my 49. I used Kenwood speakers and I'm satisfied with it.
Attached Images

Zippi is offline   Reply With Quote