The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2018, 12:29 PM   #1
homemade87

New leaf springs , where would you buy , Performance problem

I have an 82 c10 swb that I put together a few years ago and had to cut one of the front coils to get it to sit level . This worked great and sits dead level just fine . The front of the truck has 2-1/2 " drop spindles and the rear is dropped 4" , 2" shackle and 2" front hanger on the leaf springs .

So whats the problem you ask , I have been doing power upgrades , ls2 swap , tea cnc heads , spec cam , exhaust system , FLT level 5 trans . Circle d 3600 billet triple disc t/c . Well you get the idea .

The problem is when the power is on ,the truck wants to drive left . I dont mean when the tires are spinning . If I have it it 2nd with some rpms and stab on it the front of the truck rises and goes left and have to steer it back .

I think my problem now is the imbalance in spring rate from corner to corner front to back when I cut the front spring to level it .

I would like to find a good manufacturer that specializes in rear leaf springs . Someone who will test the spring rates to get a matched set . Not really looking for a re seller who just buys from someone and just resells . My springs are stock and not looking to lower or raise it any from where it is .

Any input on springs or even my problem will be welcome .
homemade87 is offline   Reply With Quote