The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
RRinWT

57 GMC vs Chevy fender questions

Hey Guys!

I just got a call about a 57 GMC 1/2 ton for sale locally and was wondering how hard it would be to install a chevy grill? I've never had my hands on a GMC TF so I'm not sure if the grill opening is the same shape or not between the brands. Any input would be appreciated!

I'm actually looking at 2 trucks right now, one is 58 Chevy short fleet w/ no title and the above mentioned 57 GMC long step w/ title. Same price so that's a wash. Just trying to figure out how much money I'll have ot spend to get my 57 Chevy grill in it. Yes, I know it requires a whole different front clip for the 58 to 57 conversion. Just not sure about the 57 GMC to 57 Chevy conversion.

Thanks

Rob
in West Texas
RRinWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
RRinWT

Re: 57 GMC vs Chevy fender questions

Just went and looked at the GMC. It's a P.O.S., rusty, needs everything and the guy wants $1000! To add insult to injury, I would have to move 4 other vehicles just to get the truck out of his yard.

I think I'll keep looking.

Rob
RRinWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:33 AM   #3
addicted2dunes
Insane In The Membrane

Re: 57 GMC vs Chevy fender questions

From what I've figured out is Chevy and GMC fenders are all the same, the only difference (55-57) is GMC has a 1/2 hole in the side of the fender to bolt the GMC eyebrow on. If you want a GMC to be Chevy then just weld up the hole. If you want Chevy to be GMC just drill the hole.

Project: ALTER-K-TION ('57 GMC Quad Cab) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=393750
addicted2dunes is offline   Reply With Quote