The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-09-2016, 07:21 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: Is it Just me ? or do any one else notice that the

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCjunkie View Post
I'm still here y'all!!! Just not as often as I need to be. Life just gets in the way I reckon. I still have the Burb and I still spy on y'all now and then, gonna have to make this board a habit again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
The chit chat is less, the rest of things are more. Post in general, get folks talking again.
I just figured out why so many dudes don't stick around. We need more chicks, man. That's the trend I want to see. More chicks, more chicks, more chicks! Oh wait, we do have another but he's a dude. Monroe, where y'at?
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:06 AM   #27
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I dunno, have you seen the feet on some of those chicks?
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 01:06 PM   #28
GMCjunkie
Dude...I'm a CHICK

CG you gotta issue with chick's feet? :p

'71 GMC Suburban 4x4
GMCjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 02:13 PM   #29
davischevy

I can't imagine why anyone would leave here.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 02:18 PM   #30
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Never mind the feet....They have faces only they're mom could love....lol huge beaks....just sayin'...lol

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:55 PM   #31
special-K
Special Order

I love chicken fingers, just had me some. If people started fooling around in a thread with a buncha nonsense taking it another direction I'd be so outta here all you'd see was the dust I churned up spinnin' out. But, that never happens, thank gawd

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 10-09-2016, 05:31 PM   #32
crakarjax

This site hasn't grown with the times; other platforms are just much more easy to use, and this site doesn't attract new members at the volume of competitors. Those that are already here for the community might stay but when evaluating several competing sites to call home this one just doesn't make the top of the list. People don't come to forums for the community, they *stay* for the community -- and that's about all this forum has going for it.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:48 PM   #33
GR8-68

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post
This site hasn't grown with the times; other platforms are just much more easy to use, and this site doesn't attract new members at the volume of competitors. Those that are already here for the community might stay but when evaluating several competing sites to call home this one just doesn't make the top of the list. People don't come to forums for the community, they *stay* for the community -- and that's about all this forum has going for it.
So is that the polite version of saying this forum really stinks ?

It is easily overlooked that what is now called vintage was once brand new.

"Project 68"

paypal.me/ldgrant
GR8-68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 07:07 PM   #34
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:

I'm also a long time member of the HAMB, Ryan keeps up with the times. There are a whole lot of long time members and contributors that left because of all the "keeping up with times".
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 07:35 PM   #35
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8-68 View Post
If it is, it must be opposite day. I keep coming here because whenever I check other Chevy Truck sites they fall way short. Full size? That right there shows the mentality is post '82, nothing about the best years, just later stuff. There is no such thing as a full-size truck, only downsized. Light trucks have always been one size with three different weight classes...1/2t, 3/4t, and 1t. But we involve them all the way up to 90s and all the way back to day one. C10? Really? As if that's all there is. I guess someone forgot about GMC C1500s.
What does this site lack that others offer? This is the best reference site, I've looked at the others and they don't compare. Fun? If you can't have fun here you are the reason. The full spectrum from stock to full custom? Hello, welcome to our site. Build threads out the ying yang. Models/replicas of our trucks, gotcha covered. Original parts? More than Ebay.

I don't think the people who we no longer see have left for a site they think is better. I think they either realized they were spending too much computer time, only had the one truck and left after they sold it or got the info they needed, or moved on to other types of vehicles. Not everyone is a lifer GM Truck guy and not everyone comes to a site to stay. We have new members coming here constantly. Ever look at the welcome board? Ever look at members' join dates? Not everyone spends a lot of time on the web and some are here and rarely post. Many have come back after being gone a while. Some have been here over ten years and just don't come here very often, never did.

This site is so big I don't think there's anyone here who stays truly familiar with "all" the areas. I know I can't. There's nothing wrong with this site that needs fixing. Nothing else compares.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 10-09-2016 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:06 PM   #36
BossHogg69
motor exploder

I agree with a lot of what's being said here. Although I'm really not into 'social media' as this is pretty much the only site I frequent. The other truck sites pretty much suck. I don't have Facebook, I don't do Instagram or any of that stuff. It all just seems so lame to me. I'm 37, but I'm old school and always thought of myself as an old soul - I guess hanging out with your grandpas a lot when you're a kid will do that. And wouldn't ya know it, both of my grandfathers had 67/72 trucks - one is the '69 I have now, the other was a '71 lwb C10 307/3ott that I wish I had also. For the most part the camaraderie and excellent info is why I keep coming back here. Oh yeah, and the fact that I LOVE 67-72 Chevy & GMC trucks . One thing I have noticed a lot lately is a the same questions being asked over and over again from new guys that don't try to use the 'Search' function and a few guys on here that seem to like trying to p!ss people off or just be rude/know-it-alls in general - Keyboard Cowboys, Keyboard Warriors or whatever you wanna call them. The Internet is a scary place...

1969 Chevy CST/10 stepside, DART Big M/TREMEC Magnum Extreme/3.73's w/Detroit Truetrac
1965 Chevy Bel Air Wagon (daily driver), 327/TH350,10 bolt w/3.08's
1961 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe, ZZ454/M21/9" rear w/3.50's & Detroit Truetrac
2005 GMC 1500 ccsb 2wd, 6.0L/4L65e/3.73 G80
2006 GMC 2500HD ccsb 4x4, DMax LBZ/Allison 6spd/4.56's w/Detroit TrueTrac

Use the SEARCH function on this forum - it is your friend!!

Last edited by BossHogg69; 10-10-2016 at 06:12 AM.
BossHogg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:08 PM   #37
GR8-68

Yep, what Tim said .. 😁😆 well put. I have been on other truck forums and forgot my password because you would post a question and never receive a response. I have gained much knowledge here and plenty I would call friend.

It is easily overlooked that what is now called vintage was once brand new.

"Project 68"

paypal.me/ldgrant
GR8-68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:11 PM   #38
Ol Blue K20

Amen Tim!!! Once again we're on the same page....So to sound more intelligent than I am " I concur"lol
after posting about Tim's comment GR8-68postedand again....the same page.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man

Last edited by Ol Blue K20; 10-09-2016 at 08:15 PM. Reason: add to the content
Old 10-09-2016, 11:46 PM   #39
sawyerrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Amen Tim!!! Once again we're on the same page....So to sound more intelligent than I am " I concur"lol
after posting about Tim's comment GR8-68postedand again....the same page.
I spent a year on this site before finally having the information and circumstances to buy my truck a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't have done it without you and this site.
sawyerrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:49 PM   #40
clinebarger

Quote:
I like this site's policies about Sex, Religion, & Politics.....NO DRAMA allowed, I'm guessing the "competitors" have at least one of the above?
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:52 PM   #41
ol_skool_chevy

I have never been one to post my build............I guess I am just a LURKER. I really never thought i could project my build as well as others do here. I do enjoy checking out other ideas.

Built it yourself, don't count on others to to do it for you or with you. It will never get done
ol_skool_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:09 AM   #42
special-K
Special Order

Does everyone realize the one who started this thread, making his observations, is one who had been gone for a long enough time a thread was started asking what happened to him? It went on for a while till finally one member who had his phone number saw the thread and contacted him. What does that say about this site...the camaraderie?

People go, or take a break, for various reasons. Maybe Larry felt done here, but when he saw what he had left behind realized what he had left behind. Only he knows that answer and the same is true for each and every other member we haven't seen in a while. We haven't heard from our oldest member, GMC Jim, who was in his 80s a good while back when he was still posting. It could be he has passed on or possibly his health has turned and is simply not able to participate any longer. Once a person stops posting we have no way of knowing why and anything we say is pure speculation.

You concur, Dale? What does taking over a nation (or whatever), the way Genghus Khan did, have to do with this?

Tim

Old 10-10-2016, 09:53 AM   #43
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
The chit chat is less, the rest of things are more. Post in general, get folks talking again.
thx Liz you just opened a door for me ,,although I am not sure if what I am about to share with all on here is "Chit Chat or Some of the Rest,,but it is sorta General ,,well general worthless knowledge maybe lol

I can pirate my own posting because ,,well because ..

I once had a date with a gal with a big ol wig on ,,,big as a hospital mop.. when we were parked I hit the window button by accident and it rolled up and pulled her wig off.. she's happy now..

So folks lets get people talking again ,, tell your story I will read it ,but please if it the size of a book ,put some paragraphs in it ,, I get dizzy ..
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2016, 11:23 AM   #44
AnotherWs6

I haven't been a member for all that long, but I will say that traffic doesn't seem to be anywhere near the same as another (non-truck) forum that I belong to. I strongly feel that making people pay for classifieds is a bad move. I check them on my other forum first thing in the morning almost everyday and several times a day afterwards. I think it helps keep traffic up and people interested in general.
2010 Cadillac CTS Wagon Sport - Wife's DD and the only classy car we have.
AnotherWs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:43 AM   #45
crakarjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8-68 View Post
Haha, no not at all! There is so much great content here -- but it's hard to find! Lot's of great people too, but not enough *new* people! (which is good for some, if you're looking for a good ol' boys' club).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherWs6 View Post
I haven't been a member for all that long, but I will say that traffic doesn't seem to be anywhere near the same as another (non-truck) forum that I belong to. I strongly feel that making people pay for classifieds is a bad move. I check them on my other forum first thing in the morning almost everyday and several times a day afterwards. I think it helps keep traffic up and people interested in general.
100% agree on both counts, and I've actually posted identical feelings that resulted in a good amount of discussion and no action taken. It might be true that this is the best "Pre-73 Chevy Truck Forum" and that's great for things specific to those years of trucks but here's where I'm at now:

- Saturated with truck-specific knowledge from the several years of reading on here
- Looking to do something different with my truck
- Referencing PT for suspension tech & fab, ls1tech for LS tech and fab, etc... because those sites are fresh, they have more users who are active and full of new ideas and knowledge.

I used to check my subbed threads here every day for activity, but now more often than not there's nothing to see. The only threads of interest to me here at this point are build threads tbh -- not to say the existing reference isn't useful but again, I've seen it all and it's hard to find.

Now I get that a lot of folks come here for the community so here's another idea to be ignored -- why not set up a chatroom in-site for realtime conversation? Or maybe set up a slack.com channel(s), one for each forum.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:06 PM   #46
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherWs6 View Post
There is one GM truck site that makes you pay to view the site or post and see pictures, all except one lightweight general forum that is far less informative than any here. I don't know anything about the rest of the site because I'm not going to pay to see if I like it. That's like a store owner who gave me a hard time for flipping through a magazine to decide if I wanted that issue. He told me, "This isn't a library. If you want to read it, buy it". I said, "I buy magazines that have articles that interest me. Can't tell that from the cover, so I guess I'll check it out and buy it elsewhere". You don't have to pay to check the parts board or to buy, just to sell. You have to pay ebay, the newspaper, swap meet promoters, and about anywhere. Not sure how Craigslist makes it on free classifieds, but someone is paying. Besides, the parts board is just a fraction of this site. Some people only come here to make money off of us selling parts, or buying ours and selling them for more on Ebay. Why should that be free? Are magazines free? Are the car shows on TV free? No, and they are mostly a bunch of advertising for their sponsors. You get more here in a month and only have to pay $25 a year here...including listing parts for free. That's how I see it.

Tim

Old 10-10-2016, 09:33 PM   #47
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
There is one GM truck site that makes you pay to view the site or post and see pictures, all except one lightweight general forum that is far less informative than any here. I don't know anything about the rest of the site because I'm not going to pay to see if I like it. That's like a store owner who gave me a hard time for flipping through a magazine to decide if I wanted that issue. He told me, "This isn't a library. If you want to read it, buy it". I said, "I buy magazines that have articles that interest me. Can't tell that from the cover, so I guess I'll check it out and buy it elsewhere". You don't have to pay to check the parts board or to buy, just to sell. You have to pay ebay, the newspaper, swap meet promoters, and about anywhere. Not sure how Craigslist makes it on free classifieds, but someone is paying. Besides, the parts board is just a fraction of this site. Some people only come here to make money off of us selling parts, or buying ours and selling them for more on Ebay. Why should that be free? Are magazines free? Are the car shows on TV free? No, and they are mostly a bunch of advertising for their sponsors. You get more here in a month and only have to pay $25 a year here...including listing parts for free. That's how I see it.
Again Tim, I concur (agree) not Gingus Kahn style..... This site is worth every penny I pay. Josh and Liz have built one of the most informative stash of knowledge on the trucks ever. On top of that a great community. I feel I have friends all over this great country...

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 10-10-2016, 09:36 PM   #48
LEEVON

No, it's not just you. I think there are more members and less participation if that makes sense for all of the reasons listed above. But this site has been the most consistent or auto-related forum I can think of and that speaks volumes. And it has always stayed family-friendly.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:53 PM   #49
Willowrun

I was a lurker long before I joined. I try to keep somewhat low key on the internet (because of my job) so that's why I don't post much in the general area.

Have had GM trucks forever and it seemed like whenever I needed technical info my searches would bring me here. I felt it was only logical to sign up and contribute for the resource this site offers as I'm willing to pay for a service, and this site offers a service whether one is selling parts or not.

I still have way too many GM trucks but I also have other makes like a '74 Bronco, 77 F150, Jeep CJ7, and a couple IH Scouts. I've joined all of the forums associated with those old rides and by far this site far exceeds each one for several reasons. I'll go to those sites if I need specific info, but this is the one site that keeps me coming back day after day. Good group of people, no hazing, enough daily content to put me to sleep at night, and a general vibe that all are welcome. This is the only truck site that I have found that has all of those aspects.
Willowrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:13 AM   #50
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
I once had a date with a gal with a big ol wig on ,,,big as a hospital mop.. when we were parked I hit the window button by accident and it rolled up and pulled her wig off.. she's happy now..
Wig big as a hospital mop
Quote:
100% agree on both counts, and I've actually posted identical feelings that resulted in a good amount of discussion and no action taken. It might be true that this is the best "Pre-73 Chevy Truck Forum" and that's great for things specific to those years of trucks but here's where I'm at now:

- Saturated with truck-specific knowledge from the several years of reading on here
- Looking to do something different with my truck
- Referencing PT for suspension tech & fab, ls1tech for LS tech and fab, etc... because those sites are fresh, they have more users who are active and full of new ideas and knowledge.

I used to check my subbed threads here every day for activity, but now more often than not there's nothing to see. The only threads of interest to me here at this point are build threads tbh -- not to say the existing reference isn't useful but again, I've seen it all and it's hard to find.

Now I get that a lot of folks come here for the community so here's another idea to be ignored -- why not set up a chatroom in-site for realtime conversation? Or maybe set up a slack.com channel(s), one for each forum.
Do you visit the Welcome forum or look at join dates? I see new peple all the time. And it's the good ol' boys who welcome new members as treat them as one of the bunch from day 1.

There was a chat room. It was called "Shop Talk'. It allowed more "adult-like" topic. The problem was it was so active they had to joining up because it was blowing up. Members who hadn't joined felt slighted, s the ended it to be fair. I never went because the only thing I could do there that I couldn't do here is adult talk and I'm just fine w/o that. There are plenty of places for that and it has nothing to do with the trucks.

Reference on these trucks is reference. The same books on a topic stay in the library. They don't toss them out, they remain for the next person. The facts don't change or need replacement. And there "is" always new info on little nitpicky things that keep unfolding. I am still learning new things here. Just because you already know all you need to know, after learning from this site, it doesn't render the resource useless. It's here for the next guy, and if you want to be helpful you can be the guy explaining to the next one who needs to know. When I came here I brought a lot of knowledge that apparently wasn't here. That's why I stopped lurking and started posting. I posted a lot. In time I saw that others were offering that info I gave and now it is wide spread to the point I don't need to be posting the same thing over and over again. What we don't see are the PMs members send asking specific questions. I get PMs from people with zero posts. I answer and never hear from them again. They tell me they found the site through a search and noticed I seem to know my stuff, so they came straight to me. I enjoy helping people in any way I can. It's my nature, and that is yet another reason I come here... to be helpful.

If you have learned all you need to know for your uses, you can look at the rest of the site and learn other things. In the Our Stuff In Scale forum we have expert model builders giving their tips, or you can learn from watching what they do. Alternate tinkerings can have info on "whatever". And, General Discussion can have any family friendly non-political non-religious topic under the sun. The three "don'ts" are for the better for all. One site can't do it all, and that's why there is the whole world wide web and all other forms of social media. Instagram and Facebook can't do everything we do here, either.

This thread isn't about what is wrong with the site, it's about members we haven't seen participating as much. And, I feel it's due to various personal choices more than because this place lacks. This thread was started by one who took a break. In the past month we had one come back who was a young blood running his grandfather's(I think?) '70 GMC, joined the Army, faded away, and just came back after a couple years. He doesn't have a truck anymore but he came back anyway. There is also a "Let me re-introduce myself" thread presently in 67-72. I've seen it over and over. Even the ones who primarily use Instagram now, such as C10 King, still pop back in. So, yes of course the other forms of social media have had an effect on this site. How could an alternative not? But this site also has an effect on those places. I'd be on Facebook 67-72 if this place wasn't here. I feel it's better here so here is where I am and that's one less member there. Real life has an effect on this place as much as alternate media. Hopefully more!

* And I'm not arguing with you or trying to say you are wrong. I am presenting points I feel you are overlooking. Maybe I'm wrong about that. We all see what we see the way we see it from whatever perspective we have from whatever direction we are looking from. I see what you are saying but I feel one place just can't do it all or please everyone no matter administrators do. There's no reason not to use message boards as well as other sources to fulfill one's needs. I buy truck parts from many sources and my food from different grocery stores

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 10-11-2016 at 06:22 AM.