The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-13-2015, 10:49 AM   #1
Ewr101

Steering Column Help

I need a little help with my steering column. It's a factory automatic column shifter. While trying to get my hazard lights, working I decided to just go ahead and replace the turn signal switch with a new one. I took everything apart and cleaned and lithium greased everything. Put everything back together and now the column shifter is harder to shift. It shifts, just takes a little more effort. I think I might have put the parts back in the wrong order. Here's how I put it back together: steering wheel, horn ring/TS canceling cam, TS switch, TS switch mount (that's what I call it anyway), steering rod bearing, steering column cup that all this fits in, and then lastly a plastic, white, clocked, washer with an o-ring facing towards the driver. I hope I described all that well enough to to make sense.

Is that correct or do I have something out of order? I'd also like to fix the shift indicator too. The transmission doesn't line up to the proper gear that it's in on the top of the column. The indicator is always to the far left of the gear on the display mounted to the column.

On top of all this, MY HAZARDS STILL DON'T WORK!! But that's another issue for another day....

Last edited by Ewr101; 06-13-2015 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Ewr101 is offline   Reply With Quote