The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-05-2018, 10:12 AM   #1
cgalek

Looking for reputable shops with blazer experience for restoration

Love this board but there is so many threads I wasn't able to find if this question has been answered before. I am looking to have a 72 blazer restored and updated. I see some great builds on here but unfortunately I just don't have the time and tools to do the job.

Hoping a few of you can give me some recommendations of places that have experience with restomods and can point me in the right direction. Location doesn't matter that much as I can have the truck shipped when completed. Definitely going with a 4x4, LS motor, with upgraded suspension and steering. Also considered a frame swap with a later model tahoe.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
cgalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:18 PM   #2
stangtjk

Re: Looking for reputable shops with blazer experience for restoration

I highly recommend not swapping the frame with a late model chassis. That said I'm all for the LS swap and restomod. Plan to drop an LS in a scout I'm restoring.

I currently don't have a reputable shop but getting ready to start one. I've been an engineer going on 8 years and finally decided it's not for me. My family owns a small steel supply shop in WV and recently put in a four bay garage for automotive work. I've put in my notice at my current job that I'll be leaving in June to start my own restoration shop there. Going to make a go of it and see what happens. I plan on focusing on early SUVs blazers, scouts, broncos etc. I currently own a 72 blazer a 79 scout traveler and 77 scout II I'll be restoring for myself or resale depending on what business I get to pay the bills. I'd like to take on projects on a one in one out basis.
stangtjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:14 AM   #3
cgalek

Appreciate the response. I'm in no rush to start the project so lets talk in a few weeks and discuss the project I had in mind.
cgalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:22 AM   #4
Sand Wrench

Check out Turp Mcspray's build. He's a pro out of Rapid City, SD.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=505987

1972 K5
1972 K10
1967 K20 bucket truck
Sand Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote