The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2018, 05:48 PM   #1
stevenfromtexas

I did what I was scared of today

well, as the title says....

i did a compression test today..... .....and yup....not good
the reason being....the pickup would not fire at all. i checked everything you guys mention in older post. all 6 plugs had a good spark, carb was spraying nice, pump was working great. i even re-did the valve lash....nada i checked the wires for the correct order several times. my wife thought i was strange when i kept saying "too young, too old, just right"

question for you guys. i've read through the search bar about doing an "in-frame". not too many guys recommend it and i totally understand. BUT, i have a total of about 5 hours running time on this engine and 1.3 miles on the pickup. I'm a rookie but it seams like the crank would be ok to stay in. if a new set of rings, which i can't imagine not needing them with these numbers, would you guys do an inframe ring job?

When i rebuilt the engine about a year ago i thought i was being thorough and "thought" i did everything by the book/manual. so, please hep me with some knowledge of why in the heck is 4, 5 and 6 as clean as the day i put them in??? the cylinder walls still have the cross hatching in them too. my compression test confirmed it this morning with:
#1@ 105
#2@120
#3@110
#4@ 70
#5@ 95
#6@ 90

'67, 250ci
Attached Images

stevenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote