The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2018, 04:56 PM   #1
ooimpalaoo

brake help please

ok so here is whats going on i have a 69 c10 came with drums front and back. i swapped it over to discs in the front years ago. when i did the swap i got a new master,and proportioning valve. now all these years if i ever had to hit my brakes fast the ass end would slide out like crazy as if the front wasnt getting the right amount of pressure it needed. my truck is a manual so i have always been able to come up slow and be ok but who wants just ok. so me and a friend where looking into it and i have a master cylinder that has the big chamber are the rear, closest to the firewall and when i hooked it up i put the rear lines to the big chamber thinking rear brake line rear chamber........ after looking on the net i see and read that it should be front brakes on the big chamber is this true???????? so anyways i made my oun lines like i allways do and swapped the front brake line from the proportioning valve to the large chamber on my master cylinder, and the rear into the smal l chamber.. after a day my truck was acting funny (loss of power) jacked it up to check it all out and the front was crazy hot and wheels wouldnt move ( the front brakes where locked up) what is going on..... took it all apart greased the sliders pistons move great all good, install and pump brakes and boom they are stuck again. tires wont spin . whats going on ??????????? help
ooimpalaoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:10 PM   #2
ooimpalaoo

Re: brake help please

ok so I went back out and opened the bleader on the right side piston slid back in wheel spins free......wtf ...... should I just put it back how it was? what's going on
ooimpalaoo is offline   Reply With Quote