The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2018, 03:08 PM   #1
682XLR8

Bought a truck yesterday

Good Morning-New here to the 88-98 forum. Bought this 92 Silverado yesterday, looks to be in great shape except for a blown transmission (auto) and needing some interior work. Needs some cleaning and a bath
A few questions;

1. The truck has the 700R4, or 4L60 I believe it was called at that point. 3rd gear slips then grabs and will go into OD but this isn't going to get any better so the trans will need to be replaced. I just happened to have a Bowtie Overdrive Stage 2 200R4 I recently pulled from my 68 Corvette (swapped in a Borg-Warner 6 speed). From what I understand judging from the searches I have already made on this forum, a crossmember from a manual trans truck will work, also I will have to get a driveshaft from a long wheel base truck and likely have it shortened slightly to fit. Everything else(cooling lines, linkage, TV cable, and 12v connection) should fit. Anyone see a problem with this swap?

2. Is there any reason why a set of door panels from a Suburban or extended cab truck won't work? There's a set in the for-sale section in the color as my interior

3. Seller says this truck has a "later front end". I asked why, was it wrecked? He says his grandfather(original owner) liked the look of the later grill so that what he installed. Can anyone tell me what year the front end in from by the pics?

I'm sure I'll have more questions later but this will get me started

Thanks

Name:  truck 1.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  44.0 KB

Name:  truck 2.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  41.3 KB
682XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote