The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
clemsonteg

Sleeve Bags or Convoluted Bags for rear

I am deciding on what I want to do for suspension on my 70 C10. I am planning on a 4" static drop up front with spindles and springs and I want to do bags with schraders out back so I can get around a 6" drop but still be able to haul a load. I have been researching on rear setups and I like the porterbuilt stage 1 rear kit. I have looked at some threads about sleeve bags vs convoluted bags and ride quality. My instinct says that the porterbuilt kit is well put together and they use a convoluted bag for a reason. I did read that sleeve bags sometimes give smoother ride quality. I may eventually bag the front of the truck and add some air management. So what would be better for my setup, sleeve bags or convoluted bags?
clemsonteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
PBFAB.COM

Re: Sleeve Bags or Convoluted Bags for rear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonteg View Post
I am deciding on what I want to do for suspension on my 70 C10. I am planning on a 4" static drop up front with spindles and springs and I want to do bags with schraders out back so I can get around a 6" drop but still be able to haul a load. I have been researching on rear setups and I like the porterbuilt stage 1 rear kit. I have looked at some threads about sleeve bags vs convoluted bags and ride quality. My instinct says that the porterbuilt kit is well put together and they use a convoluted bag for a reason. I did read that sleeve bags sometimes give smoother ride quality. I may eventually bag the front of the truck and add some air management. So what would be better for my setup, sleeve bags or convoluted bags?
Where do you intend to mount the rear bags?

If you lever them on the trailing arm where the factory spring was, the double convoluted will do the job.

If you are wanting to mount them off the front or rear edge of the axle, then the sleeved bags would be what I recommend.

The sleeved bags work best right at a 1:1 ratio while the double convoluted work best when they are levered.

Nate

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #3
clemsonteg

Re: Sleeve Bags or Convoluted Bags for rear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porterbuilt Street Rods View Post
Where do you intend to mount the rear bags?

If you lever them on the trailing arm where the factory spring was, the double convoluted will do the job.

If you are wanting to mount them off the front or rear edge of the axle, then the sleeved bags would be what I recommend.

The sleeved bags work best right at a 1:1 ratio while the double convoluted work best when they are levered.

Nate
Thanks Nate. I knew you guys did what you did for a reason! I plan to replace the springs with bags on the arms. I will plan on going with a stage 1 kit when the funds become available hopefully in the next few weeks!
Posted via Mobile Device
clemsonteg is offline   Reply With Quote