The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2019, 11:36 PM   #1
mr48chev

A few old photos from my albums

I probably could have come up with some better title but here are a few photos I dug out.

Top photo should be the 48 just after I traded back for it in 1975 or 76. Most of that paint came off during a trip to the car wash.

Second photo is the 48 around Christmas 1982 when we went up to my ex sister in laws to visit my nephew. He is the young man to the left in the photo and trains cutting horses in Texas now. My son John with the glasses and my niece who is now a lawyer with the blond hair. It may have been one of those times when the 48 was the only thing we had running.

Third photo was taken in Texas Probably in 1976. I think that was the first outing for that truck. JD Fikes of Waco built it. The truck sat on a shortened 55 Chevy car frame and was chopped and ran a shortened bed and no running boards. He had the quad lights, Dream truck scoop and Merc shell in it then.
4th photo was running down the road and shows the 64 Pontiac fender lips on the rear fenders.

5th photo shows it with the Chevy grill just after he got it together. That was probably the first event he took it to.
The truck ended up in Oklahoma with a pinstriper who finished it and drove it for a few years and had it up for sale the last time I heard anything on it.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.

Last edited by mr48chev; 01-03-2019 at 11:43 PM.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote