The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > Diesel Conversions

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-06-2016, 10:45 AM   #1
notchbackgta

Re: 24v Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
on the intake, honestly, build your own or let me know and I will build one for you. The ps/vac pump wasn't really an issue. The non intercooled engines have a diaphragm vac pump and are prone to failure. So I went with the vane type that are on the intercooled engines. I think I used one from a 02 so I had to make a support bracket for it. I would do it again. I've used that same style vac/saginaw ps pump on a lot of builds and never had an issue.

I'm glad I don't live closer to you. I'd love to have another 70-73 Camaro. Like a moron, I traded my 72 RS as a roller for corvette parts. I should have kept the camaro and just paid cash for the vette parts over time. Oh well. What do you do?
I thought you had an interference issue in your build, or one of you. I don't need the vacuum pump, so I thought it would be good to get rid of it, but then I just found out if I want to run an exhaust brake they run off vacuum, so that me be a reason to keep it.
What is wrong with the banks? I could fab my own if there is some reason I shouldn't use that

I dunno, I have like $40k in the camaro and it doesn't even run and drive right now I don't know if I can afford to sell it. I really WANT to move out west though, maybe we can come up with a deal, lol
notchbackgta is offline   Reply With Quote