The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

need some info on a dana 44 8 lug

I have done a fourum search and not having luck getting any results. I have a guy that wants to trade me his truck for a couple signs for his business. He had it listed as a 71 K20 on Craigs. I met him tonight and went to look at the truck. turns out it is actually a 72' C10 that has either had a complete frame swap (which is what I think has happened) and upgraded to 3/4 ton 4x4 or they swapped a lot of hardware. I normally don't get involved in the 4x4 pickups but i think i can at least break even and help him out at the same time.

Anyway, I am curious about the Dana 44 up front. Is this axle sought after or do most prefer the dana 60? It was getting dark when I got there and the only picture I got to turn out was the one of the hub. I did not realize there was a closed and open hub version so I have no idea which one this is since my pics didn't turn out. What should I look for when I go back? The rear axle is either a HO52 or 72 with leafs.

Truck has no motor but has an AT still in it and transfer case. Was too wet to crawl under tonight to see if i was a 205. Lots of rust in weird places but I think I will still pick it up for parts. Sorry about the book lol
Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote