The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-26-2015, 02:13 AM   #1
jam-bo383

Re: "New" '59!

Actually, yes. My family went through another couple of setbacks. Just as last year (we lost an aunt and my dad within a week of each other), we lost my mom and my uncle within a week of each other. It was pretty crazy, and I wasn't much for working on hardly anything. Well, I got around to it just last week finally. So far I'm doing chassis work. I installed a flip kit on the rear and will be cutting that funky clip off the front and installing the Camaro clip probably this coming weekend. Body work is getting started simultaneously. I'm taking pics along the way, and will post those as I get more and edit them and stuff. Goal is to have it roadworthy by summer. I may do a simple air ride system on it to combat the sometimes crappy roads here in Lubbock! I've got an interesting, tasty and different paint scheme in mind that will make use of some strategic, cleared bare metal. It should be interesting. Once I get more pics, I'll do a build thread. I may have a line on a '56 as well.... We'll see. Did you ever get anything else done to the Blazer?
Old 02-01-2015, 12:04 AM   #2
UKNOWME

Re: "New" '59!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam-bo383 View Post
Actually, yes. My family went through another couple of setbacks. Just as last year (we lost an aunt and my dad within a week of each other), we lost my mom and my uncle within a week of each other. It was pretty crazy, and I wasn't much for working on hardly anything. Well, I got around to it just last week finally. So far I'm doing chassis work. I installed a flip kit on the rear and will be cutting that funky clip off the front and installing the Camaro clip probably this coming weekend. Body work is getting started simultaneously. I'm taking pics along the way, and will post those as I get more and edit them and stuff. Goal is to have it roadworthy by summer. I may do a simple air ride system on it to combat the sometimes crappy roads here in Lubbock! I've got an interesting, tasty and different paint scheme in mind that will make use of some strategic, cleared bare metal. It should be interesting. Once I get more pics, I'll do a build thread. I may have a line on a '56 as well.... We'll see. Did you ever get anything else done to the Blazer?
Man I'm sorry for your loses! Sounds like your gonna have a badass 59 when it's done! I'd love to check it out when you finish. No I haven't done much to the blazer. I pulled the engine to reseal it then wound up putting it in my 80 c10. I installed the 305/350 combo from the c10 in the blazer and it's been sitting. I have it for sale but hadn't pushed it much. Still need to finish up some engine stuff to get it roadworthy then I'll probably drive it with a for sale sign on it. I have too many vehicles right now. I just picked up a 97 2 door 2 wheel drive Tahoe and my justification was I was getting rid of the blazer.
1964 Chevy c10
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU
UKNOWME is offline   Reply With Quote