The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-29-2017, 12:52 PM   #51
oem4me

Re: 1965 Canadian built C20 Alaskan Camper

Very nice. Always love to see your posts. Does it seem like there is less posted about original stuff lately? I think we had good run there for a couple years, but perhaps with the supply of nice finds drying up, there are fewer opportunities?
We know Instagram and other social media steels its share of forum activity, but not so much for the OE crowd, I don't think.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:08 AM   #52
60-66

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodly View Post
Looking great, Jon! I would have a hard time changing anything about this truck. I'm sure you'll pull the camper out at some point to see what the bed looks like. That'll be fun to see. Bet the camper hasn't been out of that bed since it was new!
Thanks Todd ! Was thinking of selling the other 64 Alaskan camper , camper only, but Im torn between keeping them both as is ? Guess I will wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by factorystock View Post
Outstanding, nos caps are the finishing touch! Now, what came first, the truck or the caps?
Ha ! The caps came first. Notice the $20,00 price written on the cap , thats gotta be 10 years ago I bought these. Three had that writing on them

Quote:
The source of the above quoted comment regarding the use of 15" 8 lug wheels used on '60-'65 C 20's from a July '65 issue.
So what was the issue with them ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem4me View Post
Very nice. Always love to see your posts. Does it seem like there is less posted about original stuff lately? I think we had good run there for a couple years, but perhaps with the supply of nice finds drying up, there are fewer opportunities?
We know Instagram and other social media steels its share of forum activity, but not so much for the OE crowd, I don't think.
Yes , less and less . The Facebook crowd seems more modified in their interests. Not seeing much of real nice low mile trucks on there . I know there has to be more out there , time will tell.
WANTED :1964-1966 PANEL TRUCK
60-66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:23 PM   #53
padresag

Quote:
Congratulations on another incredible find! Time Capsule! Hope to see this one in "most original thread". There are originals out there, but very few have very nice original paint and straight as an arrow as this one. Luckily this truck was preserved by a collector, a vast majority of these "originally bought for a camper", pickups got sold off during the energy crisis of '73, camper removed, then used and abused as a work truck for the next 40 years by several different owners. I spy 15" lock rims ,'65 last year for them, replaced by 16" lock rims at mid year.
If you need a set of those 15" rims, I have a set. off a 62
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:03 PM   #54
sodly

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem4me View Post
Apparently we're an odd bunch of ducks, lol. I enjoy Instagram, too, simply because it's all pics-- no talk. But the pics are small and, I agree, there's not much there for us OEM guys to see. They're much more into "clubs" and "brotherhood" and tshirts/stickers and such on IG. Different strokes, I guess.

Custom Camper Club-- Own a 65-66 Custom Camper? Join us at: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/g...hp?groupid=117
sodly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:09 PM   #55
studeclunker

Fab truck! Love this one as much as its bigger brother! How is it you are so blessed???
studeclunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:36 PM   #56
Brad54

I would love to see this thread and the other boiled down with just the pics and the details/information, and pinned to the top of the page. A dedicated Camper thread would be really nice to see.
And the two trucks definitely need to be detailed or highlighted in the Factory Original thread.

-Brad

There's no cool like Old School
Brad54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:55 AM   #57
Nanook

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
Canadian GMC also had a cowl tag

with the eng ser #
ron
With this vin...doesn't the "k" designate this as a 4x4?
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:56 AM   #58
padresag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
With this vin...doesn't the "k" designate this as a 4x4?
yes, That is my vehicle plate and what I said was "Canadian GMC also had a cowl tag" which means Canadian GMC's had this plate on their cowls. the picture was to illustrate what they looked like.

ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote