The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-25-2017, 07:31 PM   #1
wahl4m

new vent window rubber ??

i bought a vent window kit for my 64 carryall - got all the new rubber in & riveted in place & the shaft nut adjusted to the right place ? ? but the window does not want to shut installed in the door & just cant seem to pull it shut- over the lower rubber ?? the drivers side lines up OK but wont shut /the passenger side glass wants to set in there -hitting on the top side of the glass on the post ! both are driving me crazy! i finally quit on it & need to go back and see what i did wrong ? thought somebody might have some ideas or possibly a post ? i did fing some on u-tube & assembled by there posts -but i now have this problem!
wahl4m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:13 PM   #2
bpmcgee

Re: new vent window rubber ??

I was working on this just this weekend -- I didn't get the windows all put back together, but I noticed it was easy to get the rubber in place but not seated fully -- is it possible this is your issue?

B
bpmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:10 AM   #3
'63GENIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmcgee View Post
I was working on this just this weekend -- I didn't get the windows all put back together, but I noticed it was easy to get the rubber in place but not seated fully -- is it possible this is your issue?

B
I had this same issue with the vent windows on the '63 just a couple of months ago. I ended up using silicone grease to assist in seating the rubber WS fully... and then found out that the silicone is nearly impossible to get off of the glass.

Fully seating the WS ( and knowing it was fully seated ) was one of the most difficult parts of doing those windows.

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
52" front and 63" rear spring swap
D44 / 14bff - disc axles
Milemarker 9K and 10.5K hydraulic winches

63" & B52 Spring Install http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ng+swap+thread

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

L29 - 7.4 Vortec Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&highlight=L29
'63GENIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:38 AM   #4
wahl4m

yes id be worried about future painting with the silicon grease anywhere near the body ??thanks for the info !! i did try to use some "3 m " glue to hold the rubber side window rubber -down in place ! just looked at them again -it seems like when i try to close the vent window -the rubber seems like it is too thick & is trying to lift the rubber away from the window pocket the rubber sets in ? maybe i will disassemble them this week & let the rubbers set out in the sun and either shrink or get really warm & see what they do ?? thanks mike
wahl4m is offline   Reply With Quote