The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-27-2003, 05:34 AM   #1
SEVEND2

questions on burbans

OK, kinda new at looking at these.
Is the rear AC unit common in them or is it a hard to get option?

is the 3rd seat standard or option and are they hard to get?

did any come with sun/moon roofs? do you have pics of them with sun/moon roofs and is there problems with them?

Please all you burban owners enlighten me a little please, i know enough about the truck to be dangerous, but looking in to Burbans, and i seem kinda lost

Thanks

Progress on truck so far (follow link):
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ad.php?t=51051

and stage 2

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ad.php?t=58132

~ "Why couldn't you have just put the bunny back in the box?" ~
SEVEND2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 06:42 AM   #2
'68OrangeSunshine

1) I'm not an expert on vintage
air, but when I bought my sub the PO handed me a box of pieces/parts for front & rear A/C. There were 2 compressors, a lot of 1" I.D. rubber hoses, and some kind of plastic ceiling ducting. I still have most of the stuff. I guess if you have that large an internal volume and live in the desert, Dual A/C is not half-a$$ed. I once heard of some ambulance operators getting dinged on a state certification because they didn't have a rear heater.

2) The 3rd seat was an optional extra. I don't know if it's physically different from the 2nd seat, but I'm pretty sure the 2nd seat is the same as a Blazer backseat. My guess is that they were all the same part #. The burb front seat is different from the pickup bench only in that it is also covered on the back. Panel trucks, I hear, could have one or 2 buckets or maybe a bench.
3) No moon roofs. It wasn't stock. Most were a cheap kit from jc whitney-like outfits, and I've heard horror stories from guys who were trying to correct some PO's bad taste by welding back a roof patch in a sensitive area and correcting structural problems caused by cut roof crossmember ribs having once been in the way of the gimmick. Don't do it. It'll weaken the roof and lower the resale value. If you care. But that's only my opinion.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote