The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #1
Tigermason

Firewall and floors s10 swap

I figure this has been asked, but did not see a thread. Being new to both, this site and restoring AD's, I am wondering what is the best source for a new firewall and floor for the s10 frame swap? I have looked at *****in Products, and was wondering if there are any other makers, or if someone on here had made their own and have plans? Like everyone else, I'm trying to do a lot of this low budget if possible. I am still in the planning stages. I have a s10 frame, and have located the GMC cab that I will use. I will probably run a late model V8 and auto. Will post pictures as I progress.

Last edited by Tigermason; 04-22-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Tigermason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
pgf545

Re: Firewall and floors s10 swap

Take a look at my thread. I did a *****in Products firewall and front floor kit. It was pretty easy to install. I am sure there are other manufactures out there and someone will probably chime in. If you original is not on to bad shape you might be able to build some filler panels and repair your. Hopefully this helps if not let me know and I will try again...lol. I suck at trying to explain myself...

Bernie
Old 04-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
Tigermason

Thanks. It is fun when the kids get involved. Only reason I am taking this on is my 9 year old. I remember how much I liked helping my dad. Thanks again for the reply
Old 04-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #4
pgf545

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigermason View Post
Thanks. It is fun when the kids get involved. Only reason I am taking this on is my 9 year old. I remember how much I liked helping my dad. Thanks again for the reply

Yeah but now I am an old kid, but my dad still likes playing with stuff and I like hanging out with him. He will be 75 this year and I am trying to get this done so he can enjoy it. My boys come help me sometimes on it and my Camaro...but they all have their own lives. Maybe my grandson will want to hel when he gets a little older.

Anything that might help ask...I might have run into it.

Bernie
Old 04-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #5
stodd16

Heres a question i have been toying around with my project. I was thinking of cutting the firewall out of my s10 and placing that on the 48 firewall. that way theres a place for the brake booster to mount, steering column to come threw, and even a place for the heat and ac from the s10.
stodd16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
Tigermason

Sound simple enough to work. Might depend on what motor is used. I am planning to use a SBC, so I need an offset. That could cause a problem. But, I may look into this.
Thanks,
Pepper