The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #51
54Caddy
GM Addicted

Re: Backhalf almost done

[QUOTE=68laydout;3943832]Progress is painfully slow but finally got some time this past weekend to mock up the front bag plates. I was going to be lazy and not post these but I know you guys love some pics. So here ya go.

Dumped

So did you just cut the portion off of the xmember and bolt this piece in its place?? Or is it welded on the lower edge of the plate to the xmember?

My 73 GMC Truck Build Pic
2010 Silverado 4/6 on 24s

IG:MacsGarage
54Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:53 AM   #52
68laydout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Caddy View Post
So did you just cut the portion off of the xmember and bolt this piece in its place?? Or is it welded on the lower edge of the plate to the xmember?
Yeah, the top part bolts to the frame and the bottom will be welded to the xmember on the sides and lower edge. I will weld it to the xmember once I get the bag mounts welded up.
68laydout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:08 AM   #53
68laydout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIC BUFFARD View Post
Hey man looks good! I have not been doing much to mine, just got out of the hospital again, (two strokes in a month!) I think they have it figured out now. put me on blood thinners. i can't drink, or smoke..... Damn, Then they told me to put my hobbies on the back burner, if i get cut I'll have to go to the E.R. But today I said screw it .... thats to much to ask of a guy, I'm 47 years old , not even gray or bald yet. I can just lay around and wait to die or..... I can help speed it along. hahaha, good thing I just got health insurance. so .... not taking the advice of the doctors, I worked on my truck today , just workin out a few bugs. then went for a nice drive in it, no plate but have insurance.I'll get the plate monday. Man that stroker can run and its very loud so that the neighbors can enjoy it to!! Keep up the good work. Eric
Damn Eric. Take it easy old man. Good to hear from you. Truck looks real good man!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #54
McClinton527

Appreciate the props on my build. I just checked this thread out and realized that via google images, your truck was the inspiration for my back half! Ive had mine on the road a couple of months and let me tell you it works awesome.. nice work, keep at it!
McClinton527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:59 AM   #55
68laydout

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClinton527 View Post
Appreciate the props on my build. I just checked this thread out and realized that via google images, your truck was the inspiration for my back half! Ive had mine on the road a couple of months and let me tell you it works awesome.. nice work, keep at it!
Dude that is funny because I was like damn we think a lot alike. Appreciate it and your truck has motivated me to get crackin!
Old 10-07-2010, 01:07 AM   #56
68laydout

Guess I could throw an update on here since McClinton brought it from the dead.

I've made a little bit of progress in the last month. Narrowing the trackwidth 1" on each side right now. I've also got the body mounts tacked on and the new frame horns ready to weld up. Here's a couple pics of the control arms mocked up. I'll get more pics up soon of the other progress. Oh and McClinton I'm totally going to steal your solid engine mount idea.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:16 AM   #57
McClinton527

Do indeed thats what its all about... damn motor mounts and engine location is a real pain in the ass... right next to hood hinges lol
McClinton527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #58
68laydout

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClinton527 View Post
Do indeed thats what its all about... damn motor mounts and engine location is a real pain in the ass... right next to hood hinges lol
No doubt, but that's part of the fun of it. The challenge. I get bored easily as you can see. Plus I just like to cut **** up!