The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2014, 05:39 PM   #51
legotech7

Re: Disk Brake conversion mistake?

Thank you Kieth, almost getting there.... Sheesh...............
legotech7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:01 PM   #52
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by legotech7 View Post
Thank you Kieth, almost getting there.... Sheesh...............
If it was easy, there would be more custom builds.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:58 PM   #53
legotech7

Yea, I hear ya. And trying to get parts locally in my neck of the wood is like pulling teeth. I have to order everything and takes light years to get here........
Old 06-27-2014, 03:24 PM   #54
legotech7

Just another update on my ride.. Got all the brakes done, but my brake peddle sets a little too low for my comfort. It took me forever to bleed the brakes. I'm wondering if I have to adjust the booster screw. Is it from the peddle to the booster? I'm thinking it just might be a bit short and not pushing it into the MC...Does that make since? I don't know how much free play that brake peddle should have.... Also I got all my air lines plumbed to my bags, checked and double checked for leaks, had a few leaks near the fittings and had to cut new lines, but that was easy and they seemed OK. So I air it up at a level stance and let it sit a bit to see if there were any leaks. Sure enough My driver side is leaking slowly. I checked every where else... no leaks... So here is my stupid question that I think I already know the answer to, but I'll ask anyway. I fear its leaking at the bag fitting, so I guess I will have to take every thing a part to get to the bag, because you know where that bag is sitting. right? Frustrating to say the least. I checked before I set it up in there, but it leaked after the fact anyway..... So to you all kind folks I ask what to do next... Ive been doing this little project when time allows, its taking me a bit longer that I would have liked but I'm learning and haveing fun in the process....

Thanks all
Old 06-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #55
SCOTI

Quote:
Just another update on my ride.. Got all the brakes done, but my brake peddle sets a little too low for my comfort. It took me forever to bleed the brakes. I'm wondering if I have to adjust the booster screw. Is it from the peddle to the booster? I'm thinking it just might be a bit short and not pushing it into the MC...Does that make since? I don't know how much free play that brake peddle should have.... Also I got all my air lines plumbed to my bags, checked and double checked for leaks, had a few leaks near the fittings and had to cut new lines, but that was easy and they seemed OK. So I air it up at a level stance and let it sit a bit to see if there were any leaks. Sure enough My driver side is leaking slowly. I checked every where else... no leaks... So here is my stupid question that I think I already know the answer to, but I'll ask anyway. I fear its leaking at the bag fitting, so I guess I will have to take every thing a part to get to the bag, because you know where that bag is sitting. right? Frustrating to say the least. I checked before I set it up in there, but it leaked after the fact anyway..... So to you all kind folks I ask what to do next... Ive been doing this little project when time allows, its taking me a bit longer that I would have liked but I'm learning and haveing fun in the process....

Thanks all
I've had to change the length of the pedal pushrod when swapping from drum to disc.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 06-28-2014, 01:51 PM   #56
legotech7

Are there any after market adjustable pus rods on can purchase for the gm set up?
Old 06-29-2014, 12:42 PM   #57
SCOTI

Quote:
Are there any after market adjustable pus rods on can purchase for the gm set up?
I don't know of any specifically. Check CPP or others.

I've done one w/a 72 pushrod & then did my 2nd combining the opposite ends of 2 different OE rods. I cut them to the length I wanted & had them welded by a pro w/a TIG welder. No novice mig welding on this important part....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 06-29-2014, 01:43 PM   #58
SCOTI

I Googled 'chevy truck adjustable brake rod' & saw these among the selections...

http://www.jegs.com/p/Stainless-Stee...24562/10002/-1
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 06-29-2014, 02:54 PM   #59
legotech7

Well fiddling around in the garage yesterday, turns out the booster did have and adjustment screw and on the brake peddle side was another. I didn't need to adjust very much, perhaps a little over 0.100.00 of an inch, seemed to do the trick. I could have left it the way it was after bleeding, but I just wasn't comfortable with the feel of the peddle. Seems to be good now, though Ive yetto do some hard braking with it. Will see...

Thank Scocti, I will save the information, hope it helps others........