The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-06-2020, 04:36 PM   #1
sircrunch

horn wire - CPP steering column

I have a CPP steering column for 67-72 c10s. i ordered a steering wheel and steering wheel installation kit and it doesn't seem to be compatible.

The installation kit came with a wire, a spring, and a little cam thats all supposed to insert into a little tube on the cancelling cam.

However, my cancelling cam already has some sort of steel plunger in it that does not come out. and even if it did, the tube does not have the cuts to allow the little cam to be pushed in and twisted.

So nothings working right as far as the horn wire is concerned.

What installation kit do I need? or am I missing something?

Heres what my cpp steering column came with, and on the 2nd photo you'll see i'm holding the wire that doesn't jive with what i have.

sircrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 05:03 PM   #2
NorCalC20LWB

Re: horn wire - CPP steering column

Is it a Grant wheel? I remember having the same confusion, but don't exactly remember the solution. But, here is the instruction sheet that I used to install.
Attached Images

NorCalC20LWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:03 AM   #3
sircrunch

I'm still not understanding. on my part seen above the metal plunger does not pull out. do i force it out? also my kit did not come with the part shown on your instructions (middle image, left, looking like a tampon). i'm still totally lost as to what steering wheel i can use and/or what installation kit i should get if i decide on a grant wheel. or a repro gm wheel from a corvette or chevelle, etc. TOTALLY LOST STILL
sircrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 05:04 PM   #4
NorCalC20LWB

It has been a couple of years since I put mine in, so I wish I could help more, but I remember being a little frustrated also. Here's the other page of instructions if it helps. I believe you need to punch that plunger out so you have a hollow tube. Then you take apart the tampon looking thing and insert in the tube like is explained in the directions. You may need this install kit depending on your wheel. This one is for 70-72, there is another one for 60-69.

https://www.classicparts.com/1970-73...nfo/32%2D493C/

Hope this helps.....
Attached Images

NorCalC20LWB is offline   Reply With Quote