The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #10
jbclassix
Junk Yartist

Re: NP 205 Rebuild and Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjim4x4 View Post
Do you have a part number for the larger seal needed for the front output after you put the speedy sleeve on ? I have the 30 spline output shaft and yoke, but I am guessing that the outside diameter is the same as your 10 spline ? How long should I let the silicone sit on the inside of the yoke before I put it on the shaft? Nice write up and very helpful. Thanks
Jim, from all the info I could find I used the original sized seal. for the 30 spline, I believe the seal is a different part number. I am currently building a 32 spline front output 205 and that one is different from the 10 spline. I will try to get all the info up for you. On an interesting note about the front output yokes, I am using a 1350 yoke that came off a NP208. On the silicone, you can put it on right away. The key is more in cleanliness. You don't want any oil residue or contaminates where you are applying silicone sealant. You will want a clean surface for the sealant to adhere to.

YOU ONLY FAIL IF YOU STOP TRYING

70 Crew Cab Build Link

70 GMC Suburban 4X4 build thread

95 Yukon Daily Driver

Rebuilding an NP205
jbclassix is offline   Reply With Quote