The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-29-2003, 12:23 PM   #1
Jmac05
L.E.D. Tail lights, Baby!

Finally done chasing a price

Howdy,

Just to set the record straight, I need to post this so anyone who wants to ask doesn't need to:

When Ryan and I set up Custom Classic LED Lighting, and started building taillights for our trucks, we estimated what it would cost to build them, and ship them. The price we decided on was with the two of us building them by hand. When We made a deal with D2M Technologies to start building the boards, the costs obviously went up, only our price sisn't change. Hence, we were loosing money with every sell we made.

We have got the numbers finally updated, and have a final, acurate price. We are not making money on this hands over fist, either, lest everyone think we are greedy, money hungry, or anything else like that. Like I said, for every order we shipped before, it was like we were sending cash along with it.
If you got a set at the previous price, congrats, that's what happens when you act fast.

The new price will be $99.00, plus $10 s/h. We hope you understand that we are not trying to gouge anyone. We will also have a discounted price for those who want to wholesale them. There will be a minimum order of 2 sets for wholesellers, and you will have to submit a reseller's tax number.

We appreciate all the good things that have been said on this board about our products. We take alot of pride in their quality, and their value. Yes, a c-note isn't something everyone carries around in their wallet. But again, it isn't cheap to produce them, nor is it something everyone else has(either to sell, or to use on their own truck). We are also working on other products like the cargo light. We haven't produced them yet, because we are trying to get the best price on materials and construction costs. I don't want to have to sell them for over $200, because it cost $175 to make it. I wouldn't buy one for that price unless I had a show-winning-quality truck.

I hope everyone understands, and continues to buy our products. We are hoping to average a new product a month.
If you have any questions, feel free to email myself or Ryan.
If interested, visit:
www.earlyclassic.com
or our website:
www.jmcled.com
All 67-72 GM Taillights are on sale untill 5 p.m. on Dec
15th, with Guaranteed Christmas delivery!

joel.mcwaters@jmcled.com
Jmac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 12:38 PM   #2
minibike

There is no need to apologize for wanting to make a buck on your efforts. You have put up time, money and probably considerable effort to get this product to market. Now, you need to establish a price that allows you to make a profit, but allows you to sell enough of them to make it worthwhile.

Your doing what a lot of us dream about doing...working for yourself. There is nothing wrong with making money. Everyone with the C-note will make a decision on whether they would rather have the cash or the inserts. Which ever way it goes, no one should feel like they have been gouged...it's their decision to buy or not, whether the price is $50 or $500.
minibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 12:46 PM   #3
1970 CST Short Wide
Senior Moment

Thats business and you have a very worthy product. No need to apologize. Keep up the good work
2019 GMC Diesil Dually. Youngest Son
2017 Toyota SUV Daughters car
2018 Traverse , Wife’s Ride
Pittsburg Ca
1970 CST Short Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 02:01 PM   #4
BUXMAN66
go bucks!

I'LL THIRD ON THAT OPINION! IT'S THE ENTREPRENUARL(SP!!)SPIRIT THAT HAS GOT OUR COUNTRY THIS FAR!MY HATS OFF TO YA!
'96 gmc sonoma sle ext-cab. hey it's a 4cyl. 5 spd and good on gas y'know?
BUXMAN66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 02:53 PM   #5
Capitol68

Dont ever sell yourself or your product short. People dont stay in business by loseing money.
Take some profit and put it in the bank.
orig. stock TH 400.

Albert Pine
English author d.1851
Capitol68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 07:43 PM   #6
72shadetree
KEEP ON TRUCKING

if you dont make nothing then you got nothing keep up the great work

71 k20 sons

bassett va
72shadetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 09:35 PM   #7
68 Stepside
huh?

I agree with everyone here, your inserts are awesome, and they're worth every bit of the $109.00 IMO. If I had a fleetside, I'd buy a set.
Things we said today.

RIP El Jay
68 Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 10:03 PM   #8
neonlarry

I think they are cool. When I have an extra $100 I am going to buy a set. If you look at how much custom lights are for newer vehicles, $100 sounds pretty good for as nice as the LEDs look.
neonlarry is offline   Reply With Quote